Communications Tower Collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
A Communications Tower in Putty Hill (Baltimore County) collapsed around 430pm Saturday on Old Harford Road, unknown what was on the Tower. Just FYI

ocguard

If it's the one I'm thinking of, its the tall one you can see very well from the beltway. A very busy tower too - I believe it had some federal repeaters, as well as a community repeater.

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
Matt you are correct it is the one that could be seen from the Beltway and I do believe it had some Federal activity on it.

Nate

patrolman123

Tower collapse

Just recently there were crews on the tower either adding or upgrading stuff to one of the two cell sites. Baltimore county engine 10 was dispatched and on arrival the found gas coming from the Sunbelt rental store. The tower is situated just to the rear of this building. Ten laid in a line but there was no need for water. BGE was called and the gas was shut off. The roof of the buidling suffered several punctures. Overall it held it pretty well. The building really did not take a direct hit from the antenna. It wasn't long after the owners of the antenna got there that crews started to rmove and cut up the ruins. There now exists a large pile of scrap metal and only the very bottom section of the antenna. The antenna bent at the first knuckle. I have pictures and will post them as soon as possible.

nightwatch

fbi has a rept on it 167.7875
dea has 3 ch's on it
jims cab uhf is on there and some pageing,
thats all other than cell/nextel

Status
Not open for further replies.