Comparing the BCT-15 to the PSR-400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smerri

I currently have a BCT-15 and like my PSR-300 and was thinking of possibly selling my BCT-15 and buying a PSR-400 (Base version of PSR-300). It seems like GRE is going to be more frequent and up-to date on firmware updates, and seems like you can do more on the GRE.

Maybe I haven't explored my Uniden enough, and I know in the end it all comes down to personal preference, but I was curious if you guys had anything to say one way or the other.

Maybe if there are people who have both or have used both and have compared, or maybe if you just like (or dislike) one over the other and why. Looking for any and all input. Thanks.

pogbobo

I don't have a PSR400 ... but I do have a bct15, and it is freakin awesome and I would never ever get rid of it haha ... I think what I like about it the most is the display size and the dynamic memory ... both of which the 400 lacks :)

happy scanning :cool:

axledobe

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased the PSR-400 and it is awesome. RX is, in my opinion, as good as it gets. Plus, it has little to no front end overload. Sound is great, too. I've had the RS Pro-164 and I like the 400 much better (better rx and much 'bigger' sound). Depends on if you want, HH verses base.

For me and what I want/need in a scanner, it does not get better than the 400. When my city goes digital, it's a PSR-600 for me! However, I will say the screen size and DMA on the Unidens are advantageous over GRE, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.