Complied List of Jurisdictions Planning New Radio Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Interesting that they want to maintain the old system at low power for backup. Does the UMES system still operate in a similar fashion?

There are still users on the old system, well at least a week or two ago. There was some transportation activity.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Calvert now petitioning to extend time to build to June 2020 (2 additional years).... need another 2 years to complete the building of the entire 15 site system.

https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/...tachmentKey=20285469&attachmentInd=applAttach

They are basically tripling the name of tower sites, and twice as many new towers than planned.... My reading is that they now are requesting the full five years to install the new system, with a pad in case of more / unanticipated delays. If everything goes well, maybe they will finish before 6/2020 ;)

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Cecil still seems to have some 700 Mhz licenses they are asking for (build out) extensions on... Best I can tell, the FCC wasn't satisfied with their petition reasons (returned vs. granted?)

ULS License - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz License - WQYU600 - CECIL, COUNTY OF

ULS License - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz License - WQYU602 - CECIL, COUNTY OF

It seems the county and its consultants are not good with paperwork, as we have seen in the past. The return letter said:

"You must file an Amendment to your application reference above using FCC Form 601, 602, 603 or 608, as appropriate, to provide the requested information before the
FCC will resume processing your application. Amending your application without making all the necessary changes and/or providing the requested information may result in dismissal of your application pursuant to Section 1.934 for failure to prosecute. If you do not file an Amendment to your application within 60 days of the date at the top of this letter, your application will be Dismissed. If a fee is submitted with the amendment, refer to the Fee Filing Guide for the proper mailing address in St. Louis, MO. Please note: This return notice may be sent to multiple parties to the application such as the applicant, the point of contact, and/or the coordinator. Please coordinate your response to this return notice to ensure that only one amendment to the application is filed."

The county appears to have a new consultant / vendor in Tactical Public Safety, who specializes in Harris equipment

troymail

Silent Key
It seems the county and its consultants are not good with paperwork, as we have seen in the past. The return letter said:

"You must file an Amendment to your application reference above using FCC Form 601, 602, 603 or 608, as appropriate, to provide the requested information before the
FCC will resume processing your application. Amending your application without making all the necessary changes and/or providing the requested information may result in dismissal of your application pursuant to Section 1.934 for failure to prosecute. If you do not file an Amendment to your application within 60 days of the date at the top of this letter, your application will be Dismissed. If a fee is submitted with the amendment, refer to the Fee Filing Guide for the proper mailing address in St. Louis, MO. Please note: This return notice may be sent to multiple parties to the application such as the applicant, the point of contact, and/or the coordinator. Please coordinate your response to this return notice to ensure that only one amendment to the application is filed."

The county appears to have a new consultant / vendor in Tactical Public Safety, who specializes in Harris equipment

I can't remember if I saw that "canned" response - I was looking for something more specific. I did look at the letter that Cecil sent in and it was a bit weak - perhaps the FCC assumed that if they approved this request (based no the justification), they'd only be seeing another in April or May asking for yet another extension.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Seems to me the FCC is not interested in CC money/vendor problems with this reply to
request for extension..

Your request for extension until May 1, 2018 cannot be granted because Rule 1.946(e)(2) states extension requests will
not be granted for failure to meet a construction or coverage deadline due to delays caused by a failure to obtain
financing, to obtain an antenna site, or to order equipment in a timely manner. An extension can be granted under Rule
1.946(e)(1) if the licensee can show that failure to meet the construction or coverage deadline is due to involuntary loss
of site or other causes beyond its control. Please update your justification to show how your extension meets Rule
1.946(e)(1) and how construction will be completed by May 1, 2018.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know the status of Wicomico and Ocean City's new systems? I would think OC would want to be up before Summer?

troymail

Silent Key
Anyone know the status of Wicomico and Ocean City's new systems? I would think OC would want to be up before Summer?

I think OC just turned on - needs testing ... I'd think fall at the earliest but who knows... can't imagine they'll turn on and risk issues going into the summer...

Thought I heard Wicomico this year sometime....

emtLarmy15

OC should be operational before summer. I don’t think they’re doing the kind of coverage testing that we’re used to... no real tree problem in OC so no full foliage things.

troymail

Silent Key
OC should be operational before summer. I don’t think they’re doing the kind of coverage testing that we’re used to... no real tree problem in OC so no full foliage things.

No "in building" checks?

Seems pretty risky. I'm told the population in OC makes it the second largest city in the state during the summer --

troymail

Silent Key
Rumor here that Cecil has scrapped current plans for new radio system as it stands.

FCC does show another extension request?
ULS License - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz License - WQYU602 - CECIL, COUNTY OF

Wow - maybe opting to go to FiRST instead?

I thought someone had told me in the past that what they'd done for years was driven by a specific person in charge of the Cecil radio systems and decisions affecting it... and that maybe that person is now retired/gone... (I have no idea if this is true).

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Wow - maybe opting to go to FiRST instead?

I thought someone had told me in the past that what they'd done for years was driven by a specific person in charge of the Cecil radio systems and decisions affecting it... and that maybe that person is now retired/gone... (I have no idea if this is true).

Here is the RFP page for reference. Not sure if it was posted before. If it was, please ignore.

Current Projects | Cecil County

Status
Not open for further replies.