Computer Display of ARC Patrol HP1 Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

strange_bru

I have just installed my replacement version of ARC Patrol Software. I can see an image of the scanner on my PC but the Listings don't change with associated transmissions when I use Virtual Scanning. All I see is:
Line 1 - HP-1 virtual control
Line 2 -Plug USB Cablle in and select serial port
Line 3 -www.utelsoftware.com

Can someone tell me why and or what I'm doing wrong that my PC screen does not read the same as the scanner?

Thank you in advance

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have just installed my replacement version of ARC Patrol Software. I can see an image of the scanner on my PC but the Listings don't change with associated transmissions when I use Virtual Scanning. All I see is:
Line 1 - HP-1 virtual control
Line 2 -Plug USB Cablle in and select serial port
Line 3 -www.utelsoftware.com

Can someone tell me why and or what I'm doing wrong that my PC screen does not read the same as the scanner?

Thank you in advance

Do you have the Extreme Upgrade for your Home Patrol, and have you installed the serial driver for the data output?

strange_bru

I'm not sure - I lost my pc to the floods last year so if those items resided on the PC hen the answer I guess is no - This is a relatively newly built unit - will try your suggestions - Thank You

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure - I lost my pc to the floods last year so if those items resided on the PC hen the answer I guess is no - This is a relatively newly built unit - will try your suggestions - Thank You

The extreme upgrade key is purchased from Uniden, and entered into your Home Patrol to activate the upgrade features.

The drivers are downloaded for free from Uniden, and installed on your computer.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
So if I had already downloaded the extreme upgrade it should still be on the scanner correct?

Yes... If you purchased the key from Uniden and entered it into the Home Patrol, it will still be there.

strange_bru

Still Can't remotely control my HP-1

I still can't manage my HP-1 from my PC. - Now I'm not sure if I purchased the extreme upgrade from uniden. If I look at my uniden information I see the esn and below that a very lengthy key number but with no description as to what it applies to. When I access the scanner Menu > Advanced Menu > Advanced Option the register advanced option is not highlighted. ..... Where can I re-purchase the Extreme Upgrade again if necessary ? I have updated all of the firmware, etc. but I still can't connect to monitor. I am however able to read/write frequencies to th scanner in Mass Storage Mode. The problem is apparently in connecting via serial mode . I am baffled and don't recall having these issues when I purchase the software from Butel years ago. I just repurchased the software as my other version of ARC patrol was lost. I also purchased ARC 500 which runs perfectly ......

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated ..

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
When I access the scanner Menu > Advanced Menu > Advanced Option the register advanced option is not highlighted. .....

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated ..

If it's NOT highlighted (unable to be selected) as you observe, that is proof that you have already applied the Extreme Upgrade key to the scanner. The end user can not do anything that would remove the upgrade once it has been applied.

The problem is apparently in connecting via serial mode . I am baffled and don't recall having these issues when I purchase the software from Butel years ago...

I seem to recall that you did have the same issues a while back, check your previous threads about that here and the replies you were given then about the same issue:

http://forums.radioreference.com/sc...ate-new-hp1-firmware-version.html#post1677509

And here:

http://forums.radioreference.com/sc...e/236371-hp-1-serial-drivers.html#post1725597

strange_bru

You have a much better memory than I and I thank you - now if I can figure out how to copy the file into the c:/windows/inf directory I'll give that a shot - May I impose further on you for instructions?

strange_bru

Hey I got it - Went to device manager & updated the drivers - Thanks for referring to my previous threads - You guys have been amazing

Thank You so very much and I wish you all a very Happy and Safe Holiday Season ! and if it applies Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your families !

Status
Not open for further replies.