• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Conemaugh Med Star New Dispatch freq?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took notice on the Cambria County Frequency list that Conemaugh Med Star has a new dispatch frequency of 464.275 (dispatched by Aero med) I haven't been home much to monitor Cambria County , but that may explain why i haven't heard Med Star traffic lately. I have a few questions that perhaps someone can answer.

(1) Is Aero Med a nationwide Dispatch service for Aero Medical And where are they located. This is the first i have heard of them.

(2) Does this mean that Cambria Co 911 no longer handles dispatch duties for Med Star.

(3) Where are the tower sites for Aero Med ? I haven't been able to receive any radio traffic on 464.275.
I had no problems receiving Med Star on the old 155.340

THANKS for any input

druhe

Premium Subscriber
I took notice on the Cambria County Frequency list that Conemaugh Med Star has a new dispatch frequency of 464.275 (dispatched by Aero med) I haven't been home much to monitor Cambria County , but that may explain why i haven't heard Med Star traffic lately. I have a few questions that perhaps someone can answer.

(1) Is Aero Med a nationwide Dispatch service for Aero Medical And where are they located. This is the first i have heard of them.

(2) Does this mean that Cambria Co 911 no longer handles dispatch duties for Med Star.

(3) Where are the tower sites for Aero Med ? I haven't been able to receive any radio traffic on 464.275.
I had no problems receiving Med Star on the old 155.340

THANKS for any input
(1) I have to check, they are either in Kansas or Georgia I believe.

(2)That's correct. Cambria 911 is no longer dispatching MedStar

(3)Laurel Mountain outside of Johnstown

Its actually "EraMED", the former Flight Services Division of Keystone Helicopter Corporation. Its the aviation vendor MedStar (among other airmedical programs) obtains their aircraft, pilots, and maintenance from. Their communications center is located at Chester County Airport, in Coatesville PA. Hope that helps.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Its actually "EraMED", the former Flight Services Division of Keystone Helicopter Corporation. Its the aviation vendor MedStar (among other airmedical programs) obtains their aircraft, pilots, and maintenance from. Their communications center is located at Chester County Airport, in Coatesville PA. Hope that helps.
Thank You for the update, I stand corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.