confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankI

i purchased a radio shack pro433, and a radio shack 20-047 programming cable & driver software. downloaded butel arc433 user manual ok! in user manual chapter #7 database import, the problems began, my username/password are ok, opened web browser,typed in website, http://www.radioreference.com/apps/xml/sl=1 entered username and password as instructed. website will not come . no error message is shown. what am i doing wrong? am getting cross eyed from stareing at this computer.... frustrated frank in florida. tnx p.s. e-mail wb2zrv@ucnsb.net

n2mdk

That link is wrong as bezking has said. There really is no need to even go there. Once you put your username and password into the software itself as long as it's working there that's all that matters.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
First, both of the above links are incorrect (but will work). The correct link is:
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/xml1.1/?sl=1

Second, (despite n2mdk's poor advice above) the reason you use it, is to eliminate firewall, security software, computer, etc., problems first. If you can get a list of states in an XML document using the link, then you look to the software interface next.

The computer <--> scanner interface has nothing to do with the software <--> RR Web Service interface. They are two separate operations.

n2mdk

You need to select your State, FL, in the software, can you do that. The web link is just to test your ability to connect with that link. You need to connect to the database with the software not the browser.

FrankI

frank

You need to select your State, FL, in the software, can you do that. The web link is just to test your ability to connect with that link. You need to connect to the database with the software not the browser.

how do i get into the database software ?. for my state florida.

n2mdk

Using ARC433 choose the Internet Menu and go from there.
Choose whichever type of system, conventional or trunked, then your State, County and which
systems you want to download.

Attachments

• Arc433.jpg
    Arc433.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,574

FrankI

frank

Using ARC433 choose the Internet Menu and go from there.
Choose whichever type of system, conventional or trunked, then your State, County and which
systems you want to download.

tnx so very much. at least i now have a starting point ! sorry for my ignorance..frank

FrankI

franks software

tnx so very much. at least i now have a starting point ! sorry for my ignorance..frank

are u familiar with the 20-047 radio shack software, for transfering frequencies from my compoter to my scanner ? have been trying to install it for two days ! no luck ! frank wb2zrv

FrankI

frank

The software is just the drivers for the cable. What OS are you using.

windows xp. since i sent u my last question i managed to install the driver, all seems to be operating as advertised. all that remaines is to figure out the transfer from computer to scanner. tnx. frank wb2zrv

Status
Not open for further replies.