• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Connecticut Laws?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portable14

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hello, Is there a website where I can look up Connecticut laws by name? Like a database??

Portable14

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The kind of law I'm looking for..

I just want to know what qualifies as abandonment in a medical situation, and what the level of crime it would be-(Class of Felony or misdeamenor).

SAR923

Call a lawyer!!! Abandonment is almost never a criminal offense - it's a civil offense unless the abandonment causes injury or death, and then it would be dealt with by existing sections of the law covering bodily harm. This is not something that a perusal of the criminal code will answer. If this alleged abandonment cause verifiable harm to the patient, get a lawyer now and stop trying to figure this out on your own.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/menu/statutes.asp

You can read the laws there, but in order to INTERPRET the laws, you should consult a lawyer.

But SAR 2401 is on the right track. Rarely is abandonment criminal. And any laws will most likely be specific. (i.e. abandonment of refridgerator w/o removing door.) I know thats not medical, but couldnt think of a better example. There may be something silly like not being able to abandon anyone pregnant, or related, etc, or duty related to a job. I.E. abandoning medical situations for a Doctor, EMT, etc may be have a statute as they may have an obligation to assist unless they have a more pressing and immediate emergency.

CT laws get really wierd. Its a cluster-F*** of puritanical blue-laws and liberalism run-amok!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.