• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Control Channel Question (800 Mot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Have a system here in Horry County specifically this one (Waccamaw Wireless)

Motorola Type IIi Hybrid

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2754

Just as a note : Our database is NOT correct for CC Channels

One day the contol channel is 0859.7875

Next day it is 0853.6375 (flips back and forth between these two)

I have this system programmed into a BCT15 as a multi-net site , picks up the TGID's as it should but I'm wondering is this the best way to monitor this particular system ??

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
ScanDaBands said:
I have this system programmed into a BCT15 as a multi-net site , picks up the TGID's as it should but I'm wondering is this the best way to monitor this particular system ??
No, it's a standard non-networked system so it should not be programmed as a "multi-net" system.

It's standard for older systems to rotate the control channel. It sounds more like the database just needs to be updated for the correct CC info.

ScanDaBands

Banned
wayne_h said:
No, it's a standard non-networked system so it should not be programmed as a "multi-net" system.

It's standard for older systems to rotate the control channel. It sounds more like the database just needs to be updated for the correct CC info.

Thanks Wayne.......so you think this is a Type 1 system ? Or I just should have them in seperate sytems with the Type II ?

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I'm not sure why the system is classified as IIi when there's absolutely no data on it. If that is true then you'll have to try it out in Type II mode and determine which blocks are Type I and/or II.

Maybe post a question about it in your regional forum?

talviar

Many systems ran/run in Type IIi Hybrid mode to allow the older Type I Equipment on. There may have been some users on a former privacy plus type I system that were migrated on to this particular system in the past. Placing the site controller for the trunked system in IIi hybrid mode will allow the controller to support both Type I radios and Type II radios.
(Programming of the subscriber units requires some careful planning if a Type II radio MTX8000/MTS2000 or otherwise required the talk group in it to talk to the older Type I radios.)
If a fleet map is required for the system and programmed into the scanner you may get talk group ID's like 600-1 on the display (If you don't have the fleet map some odd ball 5 digits TG ID's come up on most of the scanners for the Type I talkgroups.

Might have confused you more but can't really describe it any better.

ScanDaBands

Banned
talviar said:
Many systems ran/run in Type IIi Hybrid mode to allow the older Type I Equipment on. There may have been some users on a former privacy plus type I system that were migrated on to this particular system in the past. Placing the site controller for the trunked system in IIi hybrid mode will allow the controller to support both Type I radios and Type II radios.
(Programming of the subscriber units requires some careful planning if a Type II radio MTX8000/MTS2000 or otherwise required the talk group in it to talk to the older Type I radios.)
If a fleet map is required for the system and programmed into the scanner you may get talk group ID's like 600-1 on the display (If you don't have the fleet map some odd ball 5 digits TG ID's come up on most of the scanners for the Type I talkgroups.

Might have confused you more but can't really describe it any better.

That does help and appreciated 100%

talviar

Glad the info helped.

Reason for doing this in many cases was to allow a "cheaper" path of radios onto the systems or in some cases allowed existing radios on to the new system. Many years ago in the case (1995 for online of radio system) of my county (I work on the admin staff here at Fayette County 911) "Fayette County, PA" many municipal government entities were subscribers to the local Motorola Privacy Plus Trunked Radio System and had numerous Maxtrac Type I and MTX800/810 Type I Radios. When we put our public safety trunked system in operation (simultaneous with turning on a 911 center) we opted to go IIi hybrid and provide a migration path so existing users didn't have to rush out and buy equipment to work on the new system. Interesting tidbit. . . . when programming an MCS2000, Spectra, MTX8000, MTX8250, MTS2000 or GTX radio the format for entering a Type I talk group is to enter it as a type IIi talkgroup in the radio programming. That allows the Type II radio to talk to a Type I radio as long as the Trunking controller is operation a IIi hybrid format. in esscence "interop" of dis-similar radios.

(Just to help the rational with why the "backend" decisions are made the way they are in some cases.) Don't know the particulars for the system in question but suspect that it might be a similar case to what I described.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.