Conventional freq use

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Utah County Sheriff

mrlthse said:
Does anybody know the status of 154.8600 licensed to Utah, county of as KWM710?
As of a couple weeks ago it was active as one of the Utah County Sheriff repeaters, linked to UCAN TG 46112.

-Tim

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
I was just scanning around last night and copied traffic on it.

I did not really listen to what they were saying, as I was searching for something else...

Junior1970

mrlthse said:
Does anybody know the status of 154.8600 licensed to Utah, county of as KWM710?

It's Utah County Sheriff North channel. Even though all the agencies dispatched on North are all on the UCAN they keep it on the air. North county deputies as well as the PDs of American Fork (5J), Lehi (8J), Alpine/Highland (18J), and Saratoga Springs (26J) are dispatched off of North.
One reason I suppose it's still on is for contact by non-UCAN agencies. Earlier tonight there was a medical call in Eureka, which is just over the Utah County line in Juab County. The Eureka Ambulance (3 Oscar 500) contacted County on the UTCO South channel (158.970/UCAN TG 46144) to inform them they were running "code" through Santaquin and Payson on the way to Mountain View Hospital. Juab is not on UCAN currently.

daranged

Premium Subscriber
?

so to pick up af city i will need to listen to the ut co sheriff north ? i have all the towns for ut county in my 106 i got pulled over by af last nite but i couldent here anything from af what id tag's work as well ?

qlajlu

Silent Key
so to pick up af city i will need to listen to the ut co sheriff north ? i have all the towns for ut county in my 106 i got pulled over by af last nite but i couldent here anything from af what id tag's work as well ?
Okay, you're going to have to help an old man because I just don't keep up on all of the text messaging abbreviations that are in use nowadays. By "af" I
a$$ u me you mean American Fork, and by "tag" I a$$ u me you mean TG. If that is correct, then this is what you do:

1. Go to the RR Database (top blue bar on every page) and click on Utah on the map.
  2. When Utah comes up, click on the |Trunking Tab|.
  3. Scroll down until you find "Utah Communications Agency Network (UCAN)" and click on that.
  4. Scroll waaaayyyy down on the next page until you find "Utah County - Northern Cities Talkgroups."
There you will find TG 43456 AmerFork PD3. I believe that this is what you are looking for. They may also be dispatched by the Utah County Sheriff's office which, in that case, you will need to listen for them on the Utah County Sheriff North TG of 46112 (Their call sign is 5Jxxx).

Last edited:

daranged

Premium Subscriber
yes you are right thats what i mean lol and yes i did that and no talk on the tags i got pulled over last knight and could not here any thing i also put in the freq's from the provo byu for american fork and i still dont here them i dont know why

Rolfman

When listening to Utah Coutny you need to tune your ear a bit and learn these call signs. While not all the cities are dispatched through the County most are so that is where they would have reported your stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.