Conventional Mode Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

robocop80

Hello All,

When programming a conventional mode in the scanner would you kindly confirm whether or not it is neccesary to program the input frequency as well as the main frequency. I have been programming the input in as a seperate frequency but I am not sure if it is neccesary or not.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
robocop80 said:
Hello All,

When programming a conventional mode in the scanner would you kindly confirm whether or not it is neccesary to program the input frequency as well as the main frequency. I have been programming the input in as a seperate frequency but I am not sure if it is neccesary or not.
Providing the DB entry you are looking at is entered correctly, that is the entry does not depict a two frequency non-repeater duplex situation, then yes, generally you can ignore the input. There are some entries in the DB that are incorrectly entered where a duplex (non-repeater) situation exists and the "input" frequency is actually the mobile frequency that should be a separate line; however, this can usually be detected by looking at the "MODE" column. If it says "RM" or "R" then it is a repeated frequency and you can ignore the input.

robocop80

Again- Thanks for all the help. I am learning so much from this hobby. I almost have as much fun programming my radio as I do monitoring.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.