Conventional system with talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballiam

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone live or at least listen to the Sheriff's Office in Greene, Madison and/or Orange counties? For Sheriff Dispatch or primary, they all seem to have "conventional" systems, but in the "tone" column instead of a PL or DCS code there's CC 1 TG ----- SL 1 listed. I'm confused. This appears to be a talk group, but I don't know how to program my Uniden BCD996XT. I use FreeSCAN. Thanls

fredva

Feed Provider
Those counties use Mototrbo, which is Motorola's flavor of the DMR digital radio format. If you look in the Mode column of the database, you should see "DMR". Mototrbo/DMR is a less expensive form of digital communications than P25 digital and is sometimes acquired by smaller jurisdictions. The information you are asking about includes details like Color Code and Slot, used for programming radios to receive DMR. Scanner manufacturers have only recently (within the last year) begun offering products to receive DMR/Mototrbo. Before that, Software Defined Radio was used by some hobbyists to receive unencrypted DMR systems.

bballiam

Premium Subscriber
Thank you!

To fredva and kc4jgc,

Now that I have an explanation, it makes perfect sense. Thanks for the help. Oh, kc4jgc... Uniden offers updates for the BCD536HP and 36HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.