• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Conway/Faulkner County P25 PII online

Status
Not open for further replies.

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin
The new Harris P25 IP P25 Phase II upgrade of the Motorola Type II has come online. Currently only Techs are online doing Quality/Range testing, and all other users are still on the old system. This will be quickly changing though. CPD will most likely be fully encrypted as they are now, unknown as to if others will go E or remain clear such as the FCSO etc...

Speaking of SO...
Anyone heard a peep on the FCSO repeaters of 453.1625 or 453.7625 both listed as Analog NFM Repeater located at 801 Locust St.?

Last edited:
The FCSO Does not use these repeaters often. The Emergency Squad uses them when they have to go on calls such as water rescues and other missions.

Also from what i have heard the system will be fully encrypted for all agencies.
When i find out more info I can and will update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.