*cool scanner microphone/speaker trick*

DID THIS WORK FOR YOU?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Attention scanner lovers! Do you want to look official? I have found out a cheap way to have a receive only speaker/mic installed onto your scanner!! Go to this link and purchase this microphone, once you receive it, take a pair of needlenose pliers, and carfully take out the 2.5 mm plug (the small one), then put the 3.5 mm into your speaker plug into your scanner or mp3, or even your tv!!

Here it is, sorry for the delay! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...em=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT&salenotsupported

Tell me what you think!!
_willie0319

Last edited:

DickH

Attention scanner lovers! Do you want to look official? I have found out a cheap way to have a receive only speaker/mic installed onto your scanner!! Go to this link and purchase this microphone, once you receive it, take a pair of needlenose pliers, and carfully take out the 2.5 mm plug (the small one), then put the 3.5 mm into your speaker plug into your scanner or mp3, or even your tv!!

Tell me what you think!!
_willie0319

I think you're a day late and a dollar short.:) Just get a Radio Shack lapel speaker and plug it in.

SCPD

QRT
Reply...

I think you're a day late and a dollar short.:) Just get a Radio Shack lapel speaker and plug it in.

The microphone, is more expensive, rare to find, and it is only available in stores. Do you have one? If so which city do you live in? I tried hard to find it.

DickH

The microphone, is more expensive, rare to find, and it is only available in stores. Do you have one? If so which city do you live in? I tried hard to find it.

I have two of the old style. The new type should be on the RS web site.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Speaker/Microphone

I am thinking about getting one of these. Thanks for the post.

countywacker

Why do you want to look "official" when carrying a scanner? Your carrying a SCANNER for god sakes!!! There is nothing official about that.

XTS3000

So we have to purchase this speaker mic from ebay, and report back if it works?

Poll doesn't make sence to me......

lbpd719

there are others you can get with better ear pieces that still let you hear whats going on around you..

will post a link when I can find it.. (about 20 bucks at uniform shops/police supply)

SCPD

QRT
Rule for Thread (Nice Comments Only Please, or they will be Reported)

Attention Radio Reference users, I posted this thread to be helpful to you enjoy a better scanning experience, I do not mind if you dislike this, but please keep your rude comments to yourself.

*Rude comments will be reported*

Regards,
Willie

SCPD

QRT
I used to own it. Good quality sound.

Not really. The headphone jack on most scanners typically does not provide enough power to drive a lapel speaker. It'll work and sound great in a quiet room, but take it anywhere there's some noise and it's finished.

Thayne

Attention Radio Reference users, I posted this thread to be helpful to you enjoy a better scanning experience, I do not mind if you dislike this, but please keep your rude comments to yourself.

*Rude comments will be reported*

Regards,
Willie

Not being rude, but as I am getting too old to be cool no electronics I might wear would do it; ;) Maybe if I left a few $100 bills hanging out of my pants I could generate some interest.

I have some old GE speaker mics with curly cords; if anyone else wants to look cool I could contribute them to the cause.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Ive had one of those Mics .. Cheap asian junk..Having a two way mic attched to a scanner is Whackerific..

JPSan

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH...... As a police officer we would get a big kick out of the want to be's ( being polite) as we called them. They would show up to scenes with there hand held scanners and have the "converted" public safety speaker/mic's modified to work with there scanners.Have it mounted on there shoulders. Some would go so far as have the police style belts with Motorola HT belt cases holding there scanners trying to pretend. We have guys that would buy ex-police cars and outfit em with antennas and all kinds of scanners. Have YELLOW magnet lights. We had 2 guys with laptops and GPS maps that would chase us around to major calls. Quite a few of them wound up with tickets, speeding behind responding vehicles, running lights , getting into accidents and NOT keeping there distance from scenes. More than one had vehicles towed and impounded for there stupidity. After a while you got to know them all and we had are "nicknames" for em. We have had them show up at stake out /surveillance areas. SEE WHY we have encryption! We have had dinner breaks interrupted by people wanting to discuss calls, procedures and so on. There are things and places that we can not discuss, etc. In this day and age the BAD guys MAY think your something your NOT and the the price you pay could be very serious..We DON'T know who your are..Groupies, Fanatic, radio enthusiasts, goof ball or a bad guy. You need to think about that.. Just some friendly advise.. Trust me we see this happen more than you imagine.. Hobby aspect is great, don't get carried away. AND scanner hobbyists HAVE at times BEEN VERY HELPFUL and that is APPRECIATED! WE APPRECIATE THE SUPPORT..THANKS..

Status
Not open for further replies.