• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

cops arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

JnglMassiv

This is really sad. Those of us in range of their radio system know that the NAGIS officers do a fantastic job. These guys and gals are putting in long hours at no small risk to themselves to put away a bunch of bad people. I hope that these guys who were caught weren't involved in too many cases that may now be tossed.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
I hate to say it, but if they are dirty, they need to go down. Many years ago when I worked as a paramedic, I caught my partner smoking pot - while on duty! Turned him in real quick and got him fired. People's lives depend on our public safety personel, and the public puts a lot of trust into them.

On another note, about 2 months ago, 20 police trainiees in Cobb County, GA were all fired for cheating on exams during training.

red8

AZScanner said:
Damn, that sounds like something from an episode of "The Shield"! Unreal.
I agree with you hole heartedly on that matter, as some of you know
I was a deputy sheriff for 23 years and during that time, I have seen
some crooked and corrupt cops go down. It made me so sick when
these people abused the authority that was given to them to protect
and serve. That Chief in Chicago needs to be commended for the
job he is doing . Those 4 officers have tarnished an honorable and noble profession. And have given the profession as a whole a black
eye. Not to mention to their families.

Dubbin

Premium Subscriber
b7spectra said:
I caught my partner smoking pot - while on duty! Turned him in real quick and got him fired.
Hell I lost a job by doing that. Turns out the owner was a big dope head too...

Status
Not open for further replies.