cordless phone antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayWolfSA58

with enought antenna could you hit a trailer park tha'ts 1000yds away for cordless ? what kind of antenna?

N

N_Jay

GrayWolfSA58 said:
with enought antenna could you hit a trailer park tha'ts 1000yds away for cordless ? what kind of antenna?

Most cordless phones are not designed for connection to an external antenna.
Given that you may or may not have success in trying to do so.
The particulars of the antenna will depend on the band.

gcgrotz

That's over half a mile. Some FRS radios might have trouble with that. You trying to get some free phone service for someone maybe? You might be better off running wire through the trees. Just be sure and disconnect it when it storms.

LarrySC

I use a MAXRAD 900 mHz 23" 5db gain dual open coil on my Uniden 7000 series cordless in my office. Metal ant is cliped to center of coax and ant mounted about 20' above ground. See photo at www.bncantenna.com Max range on phone is at least 1/4 mile in clear. Used to go to McDonalds for lunch and sit in window across the hwy and answer my phone. If however you are talking about receiving a cordless signal then a 6 to 9 db gain Yagi would be needed. Remember that 1/3 of 900 is digital, 1/3 is spread spectrum, and 1/3 is analog which you may hear.

n3zra

I wouldn't reccemend using the phones intepid97 or lusis_c suggested, as they are not FCC cerifyed and can carry very heafty fines and or jail time. Just a word of warning.

jparks29

John McClane
n3zra said:
I wouldn't reccemend using the phones intepid97 or lusis_c suggested, as they are not FCC cerifyed and can carry very heafty fines and or jail time. Just a word of warning.

most of the "long range cordless phones" that say they have 10 mile capability use 2m frequencies, in which case, I'd find you, and smack you in the back of the head...:D lol

jparks29

John McClane
n3zra said:

most of the "long range cordless phones" that say they have 10 mile capability use 2m frequencies, in which case, I'd find you, and smack you in the back of the head...:D lol

kny2xb

Long-range cordless phone

FCC? Look at the specs. 254 and 390 MHz. JStars will triangulate you, and then you'll have reps from your favorite air base knocking on your door. Hello! (and good-bye)

Status
Not open for further replies.