Cornelius and Davidson Silent BCD396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

blambert1313

Looking for advice on hearing Cornelius and Davidson using the published talkgroups 1637 and 1627 under Charlotte UASI. The P25 setup seemed pretty typical in my BCD396XT but I only hear pieces of transmissions on other talkgroups, and have never heard anything on Cornelius or Davidson. Thanks for any help here or redirecting me to an existing forum post.

troymail

Silent Key
Are you hearing other talkgroups on the system? It might just mean those talkgroups are listed but almost never used. It could be they were there and used for a limited time until some other event occurred.

The alpha tag on the Cornelius talkgroup seems a bit "specialized" as in - possibly only used under certain limited situations.

There was some related conversation in a thread not that long ago -- perhaps take a look:

https://forums.radioreference.com/n...ssion-forum/362226-bcd436-rebanding-nc-3.html

jplyler

Premium Subscriber
Cornelius PD uses TG 1635 for primary operations, listed in RR as NM Law 1. TG 1637 is listed as Cornelius PDCNF1 in RR but referred to by the PD as Channel 3.

As for Davidson (and Huntersville), they are dispatched on the CMPD North talkgroup. Davidson units are 90-xx-xx and Huntersville units are 92-xx-xx.

TG 1627 is used by Davidson PD but more as a TAC channel, not for primary ops.

Hope this helps.

blambert1313

Quick follow-up here. I must be doing something wrong or am missing some key piece of setup info, as I do hear some activity on that TG you gave me and others, but always "bits and pieces" as if the scanner is hopping incorrectly, etc. Thanks for any contemplation on this...

jplyler

Premium Subscriber
Good to know that you are making progress. I apologize if this is old news to you so - The 'bits and pieces' is another issue altogether. The UASI in Meck. Co. is simulcast, which causes all sorts of issues for a traditional scanner. These scanners do not handle the simulcast transmissions properly and your success (or lack thereof) in monitoring the system may be a function of location and antenna configuration. I won't go into any more detail on this thread but if this is news to you then you can find numerous other threads on RR discussing the issue at great length and detail.

I also have a 436HP that I really like but NOT for the UASI system. For that I use a Unication G5 that works amazingly well and is highly recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.