Corpus Christi EDACS System - Need Programming Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreqMgr

I bought a PRO-433 and would like to enter appropriate frequencies for the Corpus Christi EDACS Networked Standard System, which is composed of three sites, each with a unique set of frequencies, those sites being Robstown/Violet, Shoreline and Flour Bluff. The scanner gives two options for EDACS programming---EDACS and EDACS Sct. First question is, do I select "Ed" or "EdSct" as the type system? Second question: Are the three sites inter-related, with all three sites' frequencies being entered within the same bank, or should each site's frequencies be entered individually in a different bank? I'm not sure I'm making myself clear, here ... hopefully someone can figure out what I'm trying to learn and give me a hand. Any assistance will be most welcome.

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Premium Subscriber
I do not have a pro-433 but I will help you the best I can.

1. Each site needs to go in it's own bank. Make sure that you follow the LCN (Logical Chan Order). Make sure that it is in the first chan in the bank. Check your owners manual.

2. Depending where you live and where you travel in Corpus two of the three sites should be enough. Shoreline and either Flour Bluff or Robstown. If you travel CC end to end frequently you may want to program all three sites.

3. I am pretty sure from looking through the manual you justt want to use ED

mike_webb59

FreqMgr]I bought a PRO-433 and would like to enter appropriate frequencies for the Corpus Christi EDACS Networked Standard System, which is composed of three sites, each with a unique set of frequencies, those sites being Robstown/Violet, Shoreline and Flour Bluff.
This is typical for a wide-area EDACS network.

The scanner gives two options for EDACS programming---EDACS and EDACS Sct. First question is, do I select "Ed" or "EdSct" as the type system?

Its EDACS, not scattered; so select `Ed`

Second question: Are the three sites inter-related, with all three sites' frequencies being entered within the same bank, or should each site's frequencies be entered individually in a different bank?

One site per bank

I'm not sure I'm making myself clear, here ... hopefully someone can figure out what I'm trying to learn and give me a hand. Any assistance will be most welcome.

How I do Corpus Christi is to build six banks; two with Robstown freqs, two with Flour Buff freqs; and two with Shoreline. I then assign/separate the Fire and PD Talkgroups so that each site scans for Police on one bank and Fire on the other for each site. I usually wind up locking out all but one site once I get settled in and figure out which site gives me the best reception.

HTH, Mike

Croaker90

I had a hard time to put in the talkgroups on EDACS in my Pro-97. I don't know anything about the scanner that you have though. Try looking in the WIKI, that is where I learned how to program EDACS into my scanner.

I'll look in the Wiki, and if I find anything, I'll send it to you.

Best Luck
Croaker

EDIT
Here, try this see if this helps a little better.

http://rsk.imageg.net/graphics/uc/rsk/Support/ProductManuals/2000433_PM_EN.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.