Correct Frequency for Houston Co Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlied

Can anyone give me the correct Frequency for Houston Co Sheriff.
They list a UHF frequency but there is also info on the database page that references a trunked 800 system.

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
It's a LTR system and it sends out a burst of data every 10 sec or so, Years ago a program called
LTR analyzer would decode the data and show the channels (?) assigned, but not the frequencies.
I haven't used it in quite a while and I've had a couple of computers die in between but I'll try and
find it just for something to do.
Can you tell me the freq. that Hartford in using? About 3-4 months ago someone was looking for
that freq. I looked at all the fcc and radio reference info and listened but I couldn't find them. I'll
look in the archive section and find him and see if he still needs that freq.

Mil

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
LTR breaking squelch

I don't know of a scanner that will null LTR squelch breaks. But my last scanner is a BCD996T and it
doesn't allow but for RF and audio tone squelch to be set. I've been using a RTL-SDR usb radio for the
last 4-5 years and when I listen I use HDSDR software and It has an audio filter that I slide up to filter
out the LTR data sent along with the audio and I slide the squelch up to where the LTR burst won't
break the squelch but regular conversation will. Crude but it works for me when I listen to Houston
County. Newer scanners may have an LTR type squelch system, don't know.

Mil

Status
Not open for further replies.