• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Counterterrorism Chief Remained on Vacation After Xmas Bomb Attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepdx

WASHINGTON - The top official in charge of analyzing terror threats did not cut short his ski vacation
after the underwear bomber nearly blew up an airliner on Christmas Day, the NY Daily News has learned.

Leiter's decision to stay close to the ski slopes instead of his headquarters - ground zero for defending the
nation against terror - has raised eyebrows among intelligence officials, who have been scrambling since
Dec. 25 to figure out what went wrong and plug the holes.

"People have been grumbling that he didn't let a little terrorism interrupt his vacation,"

NCTC director Michael Leiter remained on ski slopes after Christmas Day airline bombing attempt

RayAir

WASHINGTON - The top official in charge of analyzing terror threats did not cut short his ski vacation
after the underwear bomber nearly blew up an airliner on Christmas Day, the NY Daily News has learned.

Leiter's decision to stay close to the ski slopes instead of his headquarters - ground zero for defending the
nation against terror - has raised eyebrows among intelligence officials, who have been scrambling since
Dec. 25 to figure out what went wrong and plug the holes.

"People have been grumbling that he didn't let a little terrorism interrupt his vacation,"

NCTC director Michael Leiter remained on ski slopes after Christmas Day airline bombing attempt
Probably had his cell phone off; "leave me alone, i'm on the ski slope!"

jhnbollinger

this sounds familiar..........
Pray tell us what BUSH was to do? Rush to Airforce 1 and commence an nuclear strike? And strike whom? Bush did alot of stupid thing's, But he kept us safe and took the fight to the terrorist. These assclown's arent doing jack squat.

SCPD

When ever the Obama Admin screws up those on the left play the old what about Bush card.Man that's getting old don't you think?

N

N_Jay

hey, even i made the mistake of voting for him the first time, just not stupid enough to vote for him a second time.
So you liked Kerry better than Gore? That takes a twisted view of reality.

ltjweiss

who said i voted for kerry? i wouldnt have voted for him anyway. it would be trying to pick who was less incompetent of the two, besides i was way to busy to even through in an absentee ballot away......"You guys are so predictable."

SCPD

Ya how about those false jobs created numbers in districts that don't exist..Hahahhahha now that was funny..How about all the doctors dressed up in fake doctors coats on the White House lawn during the big sell health care push Hahahahh that was funny and the Transparency pledge Hahahaha that to was funny oh and how about the Im going to get tough with Iran hahahhahha that was funny Oh and to big to fail hahhahah that was funny and the cash for clunkers program that helped sell a lot of foreign cars hahahah funny **** hahaha I'm falling out of my chair laughing. This guy is real funny. A real joker hahaha.

ltjweiss

time to take your meds agian N1RGR. lol, i was just joking around. besides i lost my job during this "recession", and im not blaming obama, seems this country like to leave the ones that fight for this behind. i might even re-enlist, theres plenty of fighting goin on. "im in the business of war, and business is good!"

SCPD

Took the meds now all better untill tomorow lol. Anyway I agree with you 100% on that point we should always take care of our service members and by the way politics aside thank you for your service to our country and for protecting our freedom!

ltjweiss

thank you for your support, thats what great about this country we can all disagree about politics but we all can agree on one thing, our love for our country!

RayAir

This whole event seemed like a half-a**ed diversion. It started with the inept genitalia bomber, then the mishandling of the bomber followed by the meek and tepid response from the gov.

Status
Not open for further replies.