counties going digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanpro12

Im not a scanning expert but i keep hearing talk about a lot of the counties going digital or using only trunking systems. Dose this mean I wont be able to listen the the police at all anymore on my sc230?

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
If it is not a digitial trunking scanner you'll have to upgrade. Sucks but its not the end of the world.

scanpro12

What will I still be able to listen to? Im sure the industrial or commercial channels that i get will still work right? but is that about all i will be able to pick up besides air and rail?

mmtstc

Ø
Most counties retain a legacy (VHF) frequency to activate their fire pagers since they dont make a fire pager for digital systems... yet... you also will still be able to get aeromedical, and units visiting metro that are not yet on digital such as visiting SP, EMS, etc...

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Some public works haven't changed yet either. But yes mostly business, air and private stuff will be what is left.

mmtstc

Ø
there is only one EMS helicopter in the state that has a radio capable of digital and it (N145MC) is not even setup on the system yet...

1alpha

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
No digital pager? We sure have them in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.