Couple of Questions regarding the 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

areeceepb

Ok, i've looked over the user guide and manual.. and i'm not finding where this information is..

1) How do set a frequency into another bank or "scan list" other then 1. Do I have to fill all of 1 out to go to the next?

2) What type of frequencies do I put in Skywarn?

Sorry if these are ignorant.. i'm just used to the Pro-96, i'm now trying to learn this psr-500. Thanks!!

mikey60

areeceepb said:

Skywarn frequencies would be objects that you want to scan whenever there is severe weather in your area. Typically these would be Amateur radio frequencies, and maybe some local public safety frequencies.

Mike

JoeyC

areeceepb said:

You can put any kind of freqs in.
Skywarn (& Favorites) are just lists. I have aviation freqs in my Skywarn list.

areeceepb

Ok.. thanks guys!

I assumed it had to do with severe weather. But I just wanted to double check before I throw frequences in there that really didnt belong.

Thanks again!

areeceepb

Ok.. here is another question.. and this one is really starting to irritate me..

Ok, in reference to the first question I thought I had figured out.. why do the frequences I put in scan list 2 or 3 also copy in scan list 1? Is there not a way I can have all my police frequences in list 1, utilities in 2, etc...?

EDIT: Ok nevermind, I figured that one out also. I didnt realize you had to deselect talkgroup 1.. I figured it'd automatically do it.

Last edited:

KevinGC

Your default scan list is set to list 1, so it will always assume you want it in list 1. When you are in programming mode and selecting a scan list to put it in, when the scan list 1 has an asterisk next to it, just hit your select button to remove the asterisk from scan list one. Then, arrow over to whatever scan list you want it to be in and hit the select button to add it to that scan list. (Asterisk will appear next to it)

pathalogical

If I could jump in with a quick question, I don't have a 500, but I've been reading the manual and may have overlooked it...What is that symbol to the bottom right of the backlight button ?

DonS

pathalogical said:
If I could jump in with a quick question, I don't have a 500, but I've been reading the manual and may have overlooked it...What is that symbol to the bottom right of the backlight button ?
"Spectrum Sweeper": the mode you get when you press FUNC then SCAN.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
On the question about the "Skywarn" SList, if you put the scanner in "manual" and use the right or left arrows to scroll to the Skywarn SList you can enter freqys in it by hand....Also you can enter a freqy in any SList and before pressing F1 (save) you scroll down the menu to "SKYWARN" on or off, if you set it to "on" is will automaticly enter into the Skywarn list....

DonS

The PSR-500's "SkyWarn" scan list is the same as any other scan list. It can hold whatever you want (CONV channels, TGRPs, SRCH and SWPR objects).

The only thing that's "special" about the SkyWarn scan list is that it's only scanned when you press FUNC WX. In that way, it's very much like the "FAV" scan list (which is only scanned when you hit the FAV key).

Status
Not open for further replies.