Couple of quick 668 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haley

Ok, I have just about given up. Not sure why I had my 668 working the way I wanted it for over a year. Now for some reason, I CAN NOT remember how to get the back light to come on when it breaks squelch. I have tried just about every setting I can think of in the menus. Any ideas----or better yet----what should it be??

And the second question, I have my radio set to tone for Enc. talk groups (of which there are many), on my local system. It used to work. And I know they use them , the only clear channels are more or less dispatch. I don't have it show up at all anymore, never hear any of them, and i know they are there. Any settings anyone can think of? Like I said it worked before.

Its for the Central Iowa Regional Public Safety Communication System or CIRPSCS. Polk and Marshall county. It is a P2 system with several P1 TG's.

And before anyone says I wont hear anything, I realize that. Just interested in seeing the TG's.

Anybody have any advice? Is there any conceivable way, that they can encrypt to the point that I wont even see the TG's on the system?? Thanks for any help or advice , Mike

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
For the backlight, there is NOT a global option. You have to set it for each frequency or talkgroup. If you are using the stock software, it's the bklt/LED column, just click it and turn it off, on, or flash.

For your encrypted traffic, under the General settings tab, use "Encrypted Digital Audio Settings" and set for "Audio Tone" if that's what you desire. Hope this helps.

Haley

kh6sz, thanks for such a quick reply-----I am off to try that now. I will post if I have any luck, Thank you! Mike

Haley

Well it worked for the light! Now I have to wait for an ENC. TG to say something-----Sunday night in a small town, not much going on. Thanks a lot for the help! Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.