• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Court issues order of protection for pet duck in Mastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Court issues order of protection for pet duck in Mastic

Play the video
(04/04/08) MASTIC - A Suffolk County judge issued an unusual court order Thursday for a Mastic family’s pet duck against the man accused of shooting it with a pellet gun. Janet Lippincott, who owns Circles the duck, says on St. Patrick’s Day, a group of teens jumped her fence, swarmed Circles and shot at the animal with BB guns. According to Lippincott, the bird was shot in her voice box. The whole incident was captured on surveillance video.
Ylik Mathews, 20, was arrested in connection with the shooting. He pleaded not guilty Thursday to felony animal cruelty charges. His bail was set at $5,000. If convicted of the charges, he could face up to two years behind bars.
Meanwhile, Lippincott says Circles has recovered and is back to her normal self.
Share your views

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
I F'ing LOVE ducks!

I'll kick any POS cat if it p00ps in my yard like i'm going for a field goal. But ducks?! no way! Dont make me post cute duck pictures!

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Mastic is an urban area so what surprises me is the owner of the duck not being prosecuted for keeping livestock within the city limits.

Rubber Duckie, you're the one,
You make bathtime lots of fun,
Rubber Duckie, I'm awfully fond of you;

(woh woh, bee doh!)

Rubber Duckie, joy of joys,
When I squeeze you, you make noise!
Rubber Duckie, you're my very best friend, it's true!

(doo doo doo doooo, doo doo)

CHORUS:
Every day when I
Make my way to the tubby
I find a little fella who's
Cute and yellow and chubby
(rub-a-dub-a-dubby!)

Rubber Duckie, you're so fine
And I'm lucky that you're mine
Rubber duckie, I'm awfully fond of you.

(repeat chorus)

Rubber Duckie, you're so fine