Courtesy Patrol (Detroit Freeway)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnnm400

Premium Subscriber
Wondering if anyone monitors the Courtesy Patrol. The seem to have gone quiet on the listed information. I know the companies changed the operated them, but unsure why these TG’s have gone silent. Anyone with knowledge or a change?

12062 2f1e DMETFCP1Freeway Courtesy Patrol 1 Public Works
12063 2f1fDMETFCP2Freeway Courtesy Patrol 2 Public Works

Garry

a29zuk

I drive the I-75 route daily through Oakland County. I used to see their vans quite often. Now I don't see them any more.
Has the service been stopped?

Jim

fnnm400

Premium Subscriber
They are operated and supported by private business. I understand the sponsor has recently changed. I still here MSP requesting them and haven’t heard any dispatches. I haven’t been on the freeways locally enough lately to notice if they are out or not.
I’m wonderling since its privately funded if they are dispatching some other way.

freqs

they have red vans now .I have been hearing them but just noticed that it was coming up different tg tag

Guy

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
I like to listen to them in Washtenaw since my customers don't always like to call back and say some nice guy in a van helped them and they are on their way.

I noticed they have changed vans. They guy I saw had a portable that I don't remember seeing them with before. Could be personal I suppose? -Paul

RayAir

Over the last week or so TG 12062 (Courtesy Patrol) is active again.

fnnm400

Premium Subscriber
Noticed that. I assume since there was a contract change, they switched TG till they recovered the radios from the previous company.

Status
Not open for further replies.