• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CP125 CPS Programming Software

waz664

I have a couple of CP125 radios in good working order, but I'd like to reprogram them. I cannot seem to find any online resources to download RVN4196 or Motorola CPS R 01.07. I do have the cable as it is the same as the CP200. Any help locating the software would be a big help. I did contact Motorola and they were not able to make it available. Thanks in advance.

mbnv992

Apparently you breezed right through the stickies at the top of the page.

Looking for / asking for Motorola Programming Software is a no-no. Google is your friend for almost any Motorola Software nowadays anyway. If your too lazy / don’t know how to do that and want everything handed to you - this isn’t the place.

waz664

Thanks for that. Maybe I should clarify. I spoke with Motorola directly and this is not available from them. This is not an attempt to subvert them in any way, the suggested that I reach out to the community since these are older discontinued radios. As for being lazy, I spent days so far searching and testing various versions of CPS and none have worked which is why I am looking for a specific version. I have not been able to find it anywhere. If you are able to find it with a simple google search, please do and show me were I have been wrong in my approach. I will seriously appreciate it. This was not my first attempt to solve this issue, it is actually my last.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Any help locating the software would be a big help. I did contact Motorola and they were not able to make it available. Thanks in advance.
Looking for / asking for Motorola Programming Software is a no-no.

In the OP's defense, he asked for help locating it, not for free, not for someone to send it to him.

It sounds as though he has tried Mother Moto, but they weren't sure what was available, it happens. @KevinC in another thread gave a suggestion and part number to order some CPS software through Motorola, perhaps that would work for the OP (though I think it was only for the Mototrbo CPS), he can search the threads for it or if someone recalls the thread they could direct him there.

waz664

In the OP's defense, he asked for help locating it, not for free, not for someone to send it to him.

It sounds as though he has tried Mother Moto, but they weren't sure what was available, it happens. @KevinC in another thread gave a suggestion and part number to order some CPS software through Motorola, perhaps that would work for the OP, he can search the threads for it or if someone recalls the thread they could direct him there.

Yes thank you that is exactly my situation. I do have a business account with Motorola and they have been incredibly helpful in providing guidance and made available the software to program CP200 and CP200D radios that I own. The CP125's seem to have nothing available in their system to allow me to subscribe to it. However they did confirm that RVN4196 or RVN4196C is the proper part number for the software and I would be very open to speaking with any resource that can help. Thank you your reply!

mbnv992

My apologies for the response I made above.

The older Motorola radios ( but not too old ) such as the CP series, can be sometimes difficult to get ( where as in most LONG AGO discontinued radio such as any Radius product, XTS3000, Saber etc ) can be easily found via a Google search. Something that’s NLA but not as old as the above radios can be a little more difficult to obtain.

Another suggestion is make a post here and see if someone who as the software can program them for you or, check out eBay and see if someone offers a programming service for them there.