• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CP200 - Cloning Exsisting Radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverence

Good Afternoon!
I'm a deckhand at a local ferry and have purchased a new CP200 for work, after almost 6 months of begging to get it programmed for use on the ferry I've decided to try and take matters into my own hands. I've purchased the necessary cable after reading several other posts to make sure I was on track and am now lining up purchasing the necessary software to program the radio. Before I take that step I want to make sure I'm headed in the right direction before I screw up a company radio attempting to program my own or if I may hit some kind of snag.

Is it possible to connect a radio that is already programmed to CPS and simply clone the device as needed? Are there any measures that may prevent me from doing this?

What are the potential issues I might run into? Is there a fair likelihood that I could wind up erasing/damaging the radio I am looking to clone (barring any issue with the cable itself...so yes specifically through CPS)

If the answer to the first question is yes, but the second answer is 'your probably going to break something...and its gonna be bad) is there a list of resources so I might find someone local to program this radio?

Thank you all for your time!

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
If you're just wanting to clone it you can save yourself some trouble and just buy a cloning cable and do it that way. Here's the procedure Cp200 cloning - Batboard

Another option is you can clone the radio using the cable if you're uncomfortable with the software. Then after your radio is cloned you can read it with software to make any changes so you don't risk deleting anything off a work radio. The cp200 is a pretty simple radio, so if you just save and dony change anything you're not familiar with you shouldn't have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.