Cranford First Aid Squad Ops

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I submitted it to the database, but for those of you who listen and have not yet noticed. Cranford Volunteer First Aid Squad is now operating on Cranford Fire Department 1, and is no longer on Cranford Police 1.

KC2zZe

My notes show ALS using the school crossing guard channel [155.2500 (127.3)] to talk to the police. Has ALS also moved to 476.9000 (DCS 723)?

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
That's not the crossing guard channel, that's Cranford Police Ch. 3 (Old Channel 1). It also depends on which ALS unit responds, and what MICP has the mic in their hand.

Analogrules

I have heard brief PD comms on 155.250 in the recent past. They still use that frequency, but rarely. I can also confirm that their crossing guards do use radios. I'm just not sure what channel/frequency they use currently.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
I have heard brief PD comms on 155.250 in the recent past. They still use that frequency, but rarely. I can also confirm that their crossing guards do use radios. I'm just not sure what channel/frequency they use currently.

Crossing guards use one of the BOE channels. Not sure which. Other than some MICU and Mutual-Aid EMS, PD uses the VHF freqs as a fallback, and the older cops sometimes use it for quick conversations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daedalus

Does that mean KRB-470 is no longer in use? I can duplicate that tone and dispatch script in my sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.