Crash course for newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

gladiator

Hi Everybody,

I just got my BCD396 in the mail today. After turning it on and messing with it for couple of hours. I realized how much technology has produced since my last encounter.

I was looking for somebody in/around Hollywood than can bring me up to speed a little bit.

I can trade with going out fishing on my boat, beer party etc.

Thanks a lot and hope Miami wins tonight. Go Heat.

thx

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
Wow, a post that offers beer and fishing in exchange for help!

I wish I could help, but with an offer like that, I'm sure somebody will be able to help out!

gladiator

I Am In Hollywood Florida, And Believe Effort Is To Be Compensated, Besides I Have A Good Sence Of Humor...

pslcrabber

I'm about an hour or so north of you. I will do some research on your radio and local freqs and then we can make plans to meet up.

Got shrimp? (in your local waters?) I'll bring the rods, the net, and the light.

Vern

Premium Subscriber
The SEFLORIDA group on Yahoo has a few `396 files on their board for Broward and Miami-Dade. Here's a link to their files section, buy you may have to join the group first [free].

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SEFLORIDA/files/BC396T FILES/

It's about 100 miles from PSL to HWD and if Doogie Howser still has your car, it's going to be a long walk, so wear comfortable shoes.

The `396 is a neat radio. However, it eats a lot of battery power, but since it can use alkaline AA's as well as rechargeable AA's it's not too much of an inconvenience to have some spares on hand. If you use it on a regular basis, consider getting one of those 15-minute chargers and a spare set of rechargeable AA's. Mine is the Energizer brand and recharges up to 4 AA or AAA cells.

They're easy to find at WalMart or any any of the drug or electronics stores these days. The 15-min. charger and a set of 4 AA's goes for anywhere from $20-$30. One really cool aspect of them [aside from the fast charging cycle] is that some of them specifically allow anywhere from 1 to 4 batteries to charge at the same time. Since the `396 uses 3 cells, you can recharge in groups of 3 and not in "pairs" like some chargers require.

pslcrabber

I'm down that way all the time picking up JDM engines from Miami. Wouldn't be a problem to just pop in.

gladiator

To answer pslcrabber, I never went for shrimp, as far as going out fishing I usually go during weekend or Fridays after 6pm, night fishing is great.

Thx to Vern, It is true the bateries don't last long (I figured about 5hrs) I use it with a headphone (I do not know if it makes any difference) In any event I keep it most of the day pluged in and only when I go by car I take it out.

Question, Do you guys know what are the freqs for Hollywood tone outs, I would also ask you the same for Broward but I do not want to ask for to much.

Thx.

and pslcrabber if it is not raining this weekend we may consider a friday night or early saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.