Crawford County Fire......

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
So, I live in Mercer County and I am listening to a fire in Crawford County on a Mercer County freq. It is going to be "Mercer County Wide EMA" according to RR database at 453.2875 with tone PL 156.7. Now looking at Crawford County listing this freq. is not in the database for Crawford County. I just heard the command center which is set up on scene calling Crawford County 911 center. Which leads me to believe that this freq. should be listen for Crawford County FD. Also I have heard the command center on scene telling the 911 center to have units coming to the scene to call him on Government South or Fire South which I also do not see listed in the database. I can also tell ya that the freq. I have posted isn't Gov. or fire south.
Is there anyone up in Crawford County listening to what I am that can fill in the blanks? I didn't catch where the fire is but I can tell you it is a good one!
I

ekim223

Crawford County South fire

The fire was outside of Cochranton on route 322 at the ice cream stand. It appears the place was hit by lightning. The 2nd fire in that area due to a storm that passed through the area on Tuesday evening. Crawford County recently added a new channel/repeater for the Cochtranton area 453.2875. When units go to TAC channels such as Gov't South they are using the repeater output channel. This way they can hear county 911 but the fireground units don't clutter the repeater. At least that is what I was told. Basically Crawford now has repeater and dedicated firegrounds for each area of the county.

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
New call letters and freqs.

Here are the call letters for 453.2875, "WQHB496" there is also another freq. listed with this same call letters and that would be 460.6000. Neither of these freqs. are listed within the database as of this time.

ekim223 put this one and the other one above into your scanner and see what ya come up with. Then submit them to the database so they can be listed.

This may as well be another one for the FD. 453.8125 with the call letters of "WPHD222 ". All of the others that are in listed under the FCC database are here in the RR database except this one.

ekim223

460.600 freq

The 460.600 freq is supposed to be used for inter-ops with the Andover Ohio Fire dept. When ever I have tried to monitor that frwq. I only get a dead carrier with a weak signal giving me one bar on my 898t scanner. I have never heard any comms on that channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.