Crazy Beebing sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wesley-harbro

Clark Regional Emergency Services Agency (CRESA)

I have a scanner in Milwaukee (just south of Portland) and when I try and listen to Clark Regional Emergency Services Agency (CRESA) I get this beeping that sounds like the button noise when you play with the scanner settings, but I turned the setting in the scanner to off and still I get the noise and I’m not even touching the scanner. It is a BCD996T and I have it hooked up to a sort of low end Discone from Radio Shack on the roof. It just drives me crazy because the feed from Radio Reference does not have the beeping so I know I’m doing something wrong…
Any suggestions?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Clark Regional Emergency Services Agency (CRESA)

I have a scanner in Milwaukee (just south of Portland) and when I try and listen to Clark Regional Emergency Services Agency (CRESA) I get this beeping that sounds like the button noise when you play with the scanner settings, but I turned the setting in the scanner to off and still I get the noise and I’m not even touching the scanner. It is a BCD996T and I have it hooked up to a sort of low end Discone from Radio Shack on the roof. It just drives me crazy because the feed from Radio Reference does not have the beeping so I know I’m doing something wrong…
Any suggestions?

Easier to Read BCD996T/UBCD996T Digital Scanner Manual

Sounds like you may have an alert set for that system.

Go to menu, program system, select your system, edit system options, emergency alert, set alert tone, select off.

Status
Not open for further replies.