Creating lists for PSR500

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8IAA

I have downloaded Win500 in preparation to getting my scanner. How do I create my conventional and trunked lists in the software so it is ready when the scanner arrives?
TIA,
Larry

raisindot

N8IAA said:
I have downloaded Win500 in preparation to getting my scanner. How do I create my conventional and trunked lists in the software so it is ready when the scanner arrives?
TIA,
Larry

Pretty simple, really. Go to the tab (conventional or trunking) where you want to enter frequencies or trunks. Click Edit/Insert item, or right click on the table and choose "insert item" or "insert item at end." This will create a new row into which you will enter the frequency information and settings.

On the trunking tab, start by creating and naming TSYS objects, click "System Frequencies" to enter the control frequencies, and then right click on the "talkgroups" table to insert a wildcard or specific talkgroup for that TSYS.

Once you've done this, select either one or more talkgroups or frequencies (Click shift while moving your mouse down the list to select a bunch) and click on the scanlist number on the right of the screen to assign them to one or more scanlists.

It's pretty intuitive.

Suzie

N8IAA

Thank you Suzie. New software is always a booger to learn! I had loaded one of my 96's files in, but wanted to create a diffierent one. I notice that I can import my 97 files as well. Again, Don, you have done an outstanding job on the software:)
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.