CREC Electric coop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Any input on what your using to try to monitor the system would be helpful.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Might be a programming issue, Uniden DMR is usually pretty effective vs Whistler TRX series, I have a few DMR systems the TRX-2 won't touch vs my 996P2 with DMR.

w5tor

Premium Subscriber
I have each frequency set to conv Dmr, I do not know the color code or what slot they are using 1 or 2

plaws

Premium Subscriber
The license https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQXG843 has DMR emission designator. It has three sites with each site having one channel. That means It is probably not trunked.

My electric coop used to be quite active on FM during outages. They are DMR since 2013 and I almost never hear them, even during outages. Not never, but almost never. Maybe they just do a lot of traffic via smartphone (or some sort of data network with a tablet or something).

fast2okc

Database Admin
Good day Scanner people For the past few months, I have tried to listen to this local electric utility located in Stillwater, Ok. I cannot put up any traffic and I know it is DMR
system. Cannot tell if it is trucked or has been
encrypted
or what is the issue. I have a https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=fle&stid=40&en=CENTRAL RURAL ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE
Any help is appreciated.

I know the KAMO system in the area is NEXEdge. I hate to suggest spending more money for a Kenwood update, but the FCC licenses aren't always correct. Do you hear digital traffic if you monitor in analog mode?

w5tor

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I have the NEXEdge, so that is my step in this process. Thanks. I hear the 10 dmr burst but no color code or no talk. interesting That why I think they have encrypted the dmr system/ W5TOR

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Next time I'm in Stillwater... which should be soon.. I'll bust the SDR out and try to figure this out.

mam1081

Feed Provider
I'm pretty sure it's a IP site connect between the sites - the talkgroups should show up on all sites (if they use them). A few years ago, I made notes of the Mulhall site (152.300) using color code 14, talkgroup 2001 on TS1.

w5tor

Premium Subscriber
Ok Guys, I have been monitoring but very little activity on any of Mulhall site, so any help is greatly helpfull.

Status
Not open for further replies.