Crittenden County Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorman

Can someone put up a current list of Crittenden County freqs that you are currently hearing traffic on. Has anyone ever heard traffic on Crittenden Co. Search and Rescue freq???? How about AWIN???? They are making reference to use of AWIN radios on the Crittenden Co. SO dispatch channel.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Listen in on these......

These are formatted for Win500

Mutual Aid Call Group 2601
MAC 1 / ADEM Group 2603
MAC 2 / ADEM Group 2605 - Heard traffic from SO command post
MAC 3 / ADEM Group 2607
MAC 4 / ADEM Group 2609
MAC 5 / ADEM Group 2611
MAC 6 / ADEM Group 2613
MAC 7 / ADEM Group 2615
MAC 8 / ADEM Group 2617
MAC 9 / ADEM Group 2619
MAC 10 / ADEM Group 2621

ADEM Statewide 1 Group 2659
ADEM Statewide 2 Group 2661
ADEM Northeast 1 Group 2703
ADEM Northeast 2 Group 2705
ADEM Northeast 3 Group 2707
ADEM Northeast 4 Group 2709
ADEM Northeast 5 Group 2711

Crittenden SO Group 20201 - Crittenden SO/OEM AWIN

Crittenden SO 153.530000 FM DCS 754
Crittenden SAR 154.205000 FM DCS 172
Earle PD 155.595000 FM CTCSS 77.0
Earle FD 156.195000 FM CTCSS 77.0

May wanna listen in on Entergy TRS.......they're gunna have re-string power lines thru nearly half the town.

btritch

bubbaearle said:
These are formatted for Win500

MAC 1 / ADEM Group 2603
MAC 2 / ADEM Group 2605 - Heard traffic from SO command post
MAC 3 / ADEM Group 2607
MAC 4 / ADEM Group 2609
MAC 5 / ADEM Group 2611
MAC 6 / ADEM Group 2613
MAC 7 / ADEM Group 2615
MAC 8 / ADEM Group 2617
MAC 9 / ADEM Group 2619
MAC 10 / ADEM Group 2621

ADEM Statewide 1 Group 2659
ADEM Statewide 2 Group 2661
ADEM Northeast 1 Group 2703
ADEM Northeast 2 Group 2705
ADEM Northeast 3 Group 2707
ADEM Northeast 4 Group 2709
ADEM Northeast 5 Group 2711

Crittenden SO Group 20201 - Crittenden SO/OEM AWIN

Crittenden SO 153.530000 FM DCS 754
Crittenden SAR 154.205000 FM DCS 172
Earle PD 155.595000 FM CTCSS 77.0
Earle FD 156.195000 FM CTCSS 77.0

May wanna listen in on Entergy TRS.......they're gunna have re-string power lines thru nearly half the town.

Can I pick up these Entergy TRS channels in NEA.....You know where I am....Think I can get'em? Should I Program'em? I can get The Rector Base Frequencies..But I'm hearing for MILES around, What do you think bubba?

Which city would Earle Fall Under Anyways? Heck, Which city would I fall under, LOL

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
btritch said:
Can I pick up these Entergy TRS channels in NEA.....You know where I am....Think I can get'em? Should I Program'em? I can get The Rector Base Frequencies..But I'm hearing for MILES around, What do you think bubba?

Which city would Earle Fall Under Anyways? Heck, Which city would I fall under, LOL

That file I sent ya a while back oughtta have the Entergy TRS set up already.

I dunno if ya can hear'em up yonders. Give it a try.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Cool......CrittCo SO SWAT

Thunderbolt said:
I just updated Crittenden County, so you will several new listings. :)

73s

Ron

Were these new FCC licenses or just fresh submissions?

I haven't looked at the FCC's website in a while and don't recall some of these.

Do we have a local (Arkansas resident) database admin?

Thanks for the update.

Last edited:

Airdorn

About AWIN:

I'm in COrdova, TN, and I picked up 2 AWIN sites last night.. There was a storm that rolled through my area, and I think that had everything to do with me hearing AWIN.

I was hearing some rural police in Lonoke, AR clear as a bell. I also heard some Jonesboro police chatter too.. Lonoke, AR is about 130 miles from me. :)

If you are anywhere within the state of Arkansas, then you should be able to hear AWIN no problem, as long as your scanner can handle P25. Once you go over across the bridge into Memphis, AWIN disappears. It's like you pass through a giant invisible wall of silence. The fact I heard it last night at all was a fluke.

If you are in Crittenden county, then the Shell Lake AWIN site will probably be your best bet, followed by Wynne, and maybe Burdette. If you can track multiple sites on a P25 trunked system, then program them all!

Last edited:

btritch

Airdorn said:
About AWIN:

I'm in COrdova, TN, and I picked up 2 AWIN sites last night.. There was a storm that rolled through my area, and I think that had everything to do with me hearing AWIN.

I was hearing some rural police in Lonoke, AR clear as a bell. I also heard some Jonesboro police chatter too.. Lonoke, AR is about 130 miles from me. :)

If you are anywhere within the state of Arkansas, then you should be able to hear AWIN no problem, as long as your scanner can handle P25. Once you go over across the bridge into Memphis, AWIN disappears. It's like you pass through a giant invisible wall of silence. The fact I heard it last night at all was a fluke.

If you are in Crittenden county, then the Shell Lake AWIN site will probably be your best bet, followed by Wynne, and maybe Burdette. If you can track multiple sites on a P25 trunked system, then program them all!

Well, Jonesboro I might see bouncing off the west memphis/crittenden co. tower, but LONOKE is down by Little Rock In The CENTER of the STATE, That's hard to believe, MY PROBLEM is I'm on the east side of the state and I want to hear the western side of the state but I'm not sure under normal conditions that's possible...Just a curiosity question...If you're too far into TN to pick up AWIN why do you have the P25 system programmed in anyways?? Just Curious, Not to be rude or nosy..

Airdorn

btritch said:
Well, Jonesboro I might see bouncing off the west memphis/crittenden co. tower, but LONOKE is down by Little Rock In The CENTER of the STATE, That's hard to believe, MY PROBLEM is I'm on the east side of the state and I want to hear the western side of the state but I'm not sure under normal conditions that's possible...Just a curiosity question...If you're too far into TN to pick up AWIN why do you have the P25 system programmed in anyways?? Just Curious, Not to be rude or nosy..

I wrote about this in the Tennessee forum.

Last night was very strange. Out of nowhere, I started CLEARLY receiving the Little Rock, AR public Safety MOT type II system.. that's 145 miles away from me. I got a consistent 95 - 100% strength, as reported by UniTrunker and I listened for a few minutes to some chatter. That was certainly a straight shot from LR to Memphis, plain and simple. I'm sure mother nature helped out A LOT.

15 minutes later, it was completely gone.

But I was receiving the Shell Lake AWIN site clear as a bell, too.. it was that site that let me hear some police chatter from Lonoke, AR. I know it was Lonoke because I looked up the TGID. Now, Lonoke is about 130 miles from me but being on the AWIN system, there's no telling where I was receiving the signal really, it being bounced around that net work a fair amount. That certainly wasn't as big a miracle (only kidding!) as the Little Rock reception.

There was a thunderstorm in the area at the time.. some lightning and rain... not too severe, but enough to blow some garbage cans around and flicker the power a little.

I woke-up this morning and it was all gone. No more AWIN reception at all.

I am in Cordova, TN which is a few miles to the east of Memphis.

Some speculated I was the lucky beneficiary of some 'thermal ducting'. We can only guess.

I guess my original point to the story was to say that the AWIN system is, in fact, up and running and definitely in use.

Airdorn

btritch said:

By the way, I heard Jonesboro via the Burdette AWIN site, not Shell Lake, which is the one just west of W. Memphis.

The whole affair bugged me good. Now I'm scheming how I can gear-up and suck-off some AWIN goodness from Arkansas on a regular basis. :)

FOr the second part of your message... I didn't have it programmed in at all until I accidentally hit-on the control channel last night while nosing around for Entergy control channels. Entergy channels have a weird habit of "coming and going" it seems. So I took the 1 minute it takes to quickly program a basic P25 system and I was listening.

Too bad it's completely gone now. I'm saving the programming for later. It's not like the 996T is short on memory. :)

Last edited:

btritch

Well If I can pick up the entire state from the NE sector when I get a digital radio soon I'll be happy, I would LOVE to hear the entire state from one stationary location, LOL

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Statewide.....

btritch said:
Well If I can pick up the entire state from the NE sector when I get a digital radio soon I'll be happy, I would LOVE to hear the entire state from one stationary location, LOL

You may not hear each troop's day to day traffic but you'll hear the statewide stuff pretty often and pretty well.

I hear ADEM Statewide channels everyday. It seems as if there is always something going on. Since the February tornado outbreak, the March snowstorm and the flooding we've had lately I always leave the ADEM / Mutual Aid talkgroups turned on.

During the next severe weather outbreak I guarantee you'll know what's happening before they report it on channel 8!

In addition to that there's ADC - the prisons and the Arkansas Highway Police.

ADEM, AHP & ADC usually go 10-8 between 6:30 am and 8 am.

All I use is my stock antenna - that Scantenna oughtta pull'em in.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
bubbaearle said:
During the next severe weather outbreak I guarantee you'll know what's happening before they report it on channel 8!

This is very true! Here in Michigan, you can always hear the EOC talkgroups talking about severe weather on the statewide 800 MHz system, long before it affects the area you live in. Last fall, when a series of damaging tornadoes were in the area around Lansing, I was listening to a few talkgroups that were relaying real-time information about the tornado, and what damage had been observed by the police and fire departments, as it crossed various county lines. Likewise, the National Weather Service was active taking these reports down for their warnings products issued for communities that were downstream from the storm. I would have to believe that the same holds true in the state of Arkansas?

Speaking of Severe Weather, tomorrow looks really bad for the Razorback State!

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day2otlk.html

73s

Ron

Last edited:

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Thunderbolt said:
This is very true! Here in Michigan, you can always hear the EOC talkgroups talking about severe weather on the statewide 800 MHz system, long before it affects the area you live in. Last fall, when a series of damaging tornadoes were in the area around Lansing, I was listening to a few talkgroups that were relaying real-time information about the tornado, and what damage had been observed by the police and fire departments, as it crossed various county lines. Likewise, the National Weather Service was active taking these reports down for their warnings products issued for communities that were downstream from the storm. I would have to believe that the same holds true in the state of Arkansas?

Very true - Arkansas seems to have it's act together as far as staying on top of severe weather.......

During the February outbreak I was hearing the initial reports - around 3:30 pm - from counties in southern Arkansas. Our local CERT team & local law enforcement were also listening in and we could hear them making preparations for our area. As the night progressed we heard Stone Co. OEM call in to ADEM with the first report of the hospital in Mountain View taking a hit by a tornado, we then heard it 10 minutes later on KARK ch. 4 out of Little Rock.

During outbreak that hit Little Rock last month I initially heard it on the ADEM statewide WX (TGID 2713) and told my wife to call her brother who lives in Sherwood and warn him of the storm. They were in bed (at 9:30) already and no clue as to the severe weather coming. They got up and got to shelter just in case, they wouldn't have known otherwise until the sirens sounded - which was 10 minutes later.

Last week with the Earle tornado I called my father-in-law which lives lives north of Earle and he said that he was watching the tornado pass across a field across the road from his house! My wife called him when I told her that a warning was issued, but when I heard one was on the ground I called - their cable was already out and they are too far out to hear the siren in Earle. He had no damage to his property, the twister passed to the east of him.

I get a lot of kidding from folks I work with and strange looks from folks when I listen to my scanners out in public - but I strongly beleive that it pays to keep one step ahead of the game these days. It's better to know it's coming than let it sneak up on ya.

btritch

SO TRUE!! I TAKE MY HANDHELD EVERYWHERE! EVEN GOOD OLE' WAL MART, Hospital, Restaurants, Work, Home, everywhere, of course, at work I have to leave it in the truck but it will near by if anything shall pop up.. i'm planning on getting a PSR 500 soon...As in a few weeks! can't wait! Of course with new digital stuff, Might need a little programming help (Already fixed File) though...LOL Just kidding, I'll get it..

Status
Not open for further replies.