Crossett

Status
Not open for further replies.

N5ADJ

Well it looks like it is time to replace my old Radio Shack Pro-51 with a new digital scanner. Crossett PD is now a grinding sound. The fire department has been digital for a while.
Anyone know which system they are using?

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I think it is in Ashley County but the SO there is DMR so it the city follows for interoperability then we know what that means.

I don't think the present database reflects any changes for the city to digital yet.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
OK, no official emissions changes in the FCC database yet, but they are always way behind lately. If I can get a second person to monitor and confirm DMR, I will add a second listing for them in DMR mode. Any change to CFD or are they still analog? Heard rumors that the whole county was going DMR for LEA's, apparently it is finally happening.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
You definitely need someone to confirm that Ashley county is indeed DMR. I failed to include in my comments that I was told this information last week via 2-meters and they said that when they were traveling through Ashley county they did not bother to program the county in as they noticed on RR Database it was DMR. I checked and it appears to have analog and digital listed.

So this is second hand info and I should have mentioned this, sorry but it was late and I was in a hurry.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
ACSO is indeed dual, primarily DMR for ops.. Analog for interop with surrounding areas and for ASP on VHF. Had that confirmed a while ago. Need more data on FD/OEM tones etc .... On that note begging time again!

Status
Not open for further replies.