CSERN Tolland county site

I see freqs listed in the DB but am unable to pickup a control channel. I have a 436HP and pulled programming directly from the DB. I can clearly pickup the Motorola system from the same location. Anyone else have any luck?

cg

Premium Subscriber
It is possible that the towers for that Cell are not all active yet. There are 4 sites for Cell 3, Somers, Storrs, Tolland, Union. I was in Vernon yesterday and I thought the signal was poor.

chris

I was in the Somers area yesterday and was got a really strong signal from the P25 system on Soapstone Mtn until the Somers/Enfield line on Rt 190, then it stated to fade out fairly quickly into Enfield. The Moto sysem from Soapstone stayed monitor-able until the I-91 area in Enfield.

The P25 is licensed for 100w and I thought the Moto was also 100w as well. I will have to try to find the license. Maybe the P25 system is running at a reduced power now? I suspect the DB is missing the P25 equivalent of the H/W CSP system as well.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Troop H/H BDL cell is there, Cell 28 in Avon & standalone Cell 41 in Hartford.
The Troop H cell will be Talcott, Windsor Locks, and Bristol. 500 Hudson is the standalone.

chris

Troop H/H BDL cell is there, Cell 28 in Avon & standalone Cell 41 in Hartford.
The Troop H cell will be Talcott, Windsor Locks, and Bristol. 500 Hudson is the standalone.

chris
If I got that right, Site 28 listed as Avon is a Simulcast with Avon, BDL and Bristol. I live near the MA border by I-91 and can barley get 1 bar from the Tolland County site and 1-2 at best from Avon on a good day. I can get 2-4 bars from the Motorola system.

cg

Premium Subscriber
The CT SW TRS is broken up by CSP Troops not by towns so the labeling in the database is misleading.
From Granby, with an outside antenna, I get broken reception on either site. There is a local cell site that badly hurts my reception. The local police tested the 700MHz system and had poor reception in many parts of the town so I am not expecting perfect signals.

chris