mkt853

What a mess. Why couldn't the state just put something out to tell us how to program the "new" system? I'm sure a lot of volly FDs and EMTs monitor CSP to get a jump on calls.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
What a mess. Why couldn't the state just put something out to tell us how to program the "new" system? I'm sure a lot of volly FDs and EMTs monitor CSP to get a jump on calls.
You don't actually expect the state to care one bit about hobbiest, do you? I suspect that anyone who needs to monitor this system was already aware of the impending changes.

oldtimeradio

Please let me know what control channel is bringing in Troop D

I am hearing Troop C CONTROL CHANNEL 774.5312
That frequency is listed as Troop H Simulcast Simulcast of Troop C from Tolland site has troop H, D, and K,,, but still haven't heard any
Troop C. Paper trail a mile long from Proscan Software of every transmission on Troop C's Control Channel 774.0562 MHz. from the last 24 hrs.
Last triggered around 3 pm yesterday.

WoodburyMan

OK Thanks! I'm locked on it now.

UPDATE: Hearing Troop B now using 859.7625
Woohoo! That sort of confirms they've somewhat merged Troop B/L, such as A/I used to be merged on the CSP system and share the same control channels. Although time will tell if this is really true.

Some of this confusion is from the labeling of the sites. in RR database they used to be named towns like Plymouth, Wolcott, etc, and got renamed yesterday to "Troop E" etc.. which still doesn't fit 100% as theres overlap and other troops using them, as well as towns. As a general rule of thumb you want at least 1 or 2 other nearby Troops' sites control channels programmed in in addition to the one you want.

My home SDS200 does it's think, I'll listen to Troop L, B, and A and I got that figured out solid set. My SDS100 I use mobile, essentially I'm making a Favorite that has every site in it, with just the control frequencies, and only have the CSP Troop TG's on. Then I can listen mobile and just temporary avoid the state groups I may get but may not want to hear.

Also the state would *never* publish the system details. And honestly I'd be against it. It would make it too easy for everyone to listen in, and would push the encryption issue. I'm fine with the status quo....

WoodburyMan

Just an update to "Troop L Simulcast" site I located.

Troop L Simulcast
Main Control Channel: 859.762500MHz
Alternate Control Channel(s): Unknown At Time
NAC: 3A1h
System ID: 3A9h
RFSS ID: 1
WACN: BEE00h
Site ID: 31
Additional Frequencies Used At this site now Includes: 852.3250MHz, 856.4875MHz, 857.4875MHz, and 858.4875MHz

TG's Heard: 1402 (DEEP Law Enforcement West), 3075 (Judicial Marshals West), 1001 (Statewide Common 1), 51 (Troop B Dispatch), 351 (Troop H Dispatch), 501 (Troop L Dispatch), 1591 (Bridged to State Police Access Node 2053?), 3087 (Judicial Marshals Transport). In Brief, Troop L, B, and H traffic and DEEP/Marshals West.

Is there any way with the SDS200 or a SDR for me to figure out the alternate control channels for this site?

brndnstffrd

I know it was Chester EMS I was hearing and I had TG 5291. That's the only one I ever hear on that TG as well.
Dont remember who, but I have heard multiple towns dispatching on there, though nothing consistently. I believe it is the rumored 46.18 patch.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Is there any way with the SDS200 or a SDR for me to figure out the alternate control channels for this site?
With the SDS? No. With an SDR? Sure. Fire up DSDPlus or Unitrunker and it'll show you all of the site details, including alternate control channels and site neighbors.

mkt853

You don't actually expect the state to care one bit about hobbiest, do you? I suspect that anyone who needs to monitor this system was already aware of the impending changes.
Not so much the hobbyist, but there are thousands of volunteers across all the small towns in the state that benefit from knowing that a call to their department is coming - particularly for EMS where getting a full crew in a timely manner could be tough. When I volunteered, 1/3rd of our calls were MVAs on the interstate, and by the time the tones actually went out, I was already in my car on the way to the barn. It just made for a more organized response having those extra few minutes. I'm not expecting the state to divulge every last technical detail, but a one-pager that basically gave the most pertinent info on how to monitor like the control channels and the dozen troop dispatch talkgroups. They could have just sent it to the chief of every department or first selectman who could forward on as necessary, so at least it would acknowledge that all first responders have a stake in the new system and not just law enforcement.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
So I have heard Troop G on both systems today - Troop I on CSERN only, With all of this are they just migrating over to the new system in Phase 2 or are they going to go over and then go dark? I have actually heard both stories. I would hate to see someone go drop big bucks on an SDS and then not be able to listen. I'm lucky that both my 4436 and my 996P2 can get Phase 2 without me investing anything else. I just feel bad for the next person.

mkt853

So I have heard Troop G on both systems today - Troop I on CSERN only, With all of this are they just migrating over to the new system in Phase 2 or are they going to go over and then go dark? I have actually heard both stories. I would hate to see someone go drop big bucks on an SDS and then not be able to listen. I'm lucky that both my 4436 and my 996P2 can get Phase 2 without me investing anything else. I just feel bad for the next person.
What do you mean go dark? You mean use their new encrypted channels? The SDS100 and SDS200 handle P25 Phase 2.

georged4997

Premium Subscriber
I still cant pick up troop E. I am picking up others, F,C, thought I heard I. But no E. That's with a 996p2 and outside 700 antenna.

georged4997

Premium Subscriber
I still cant pick up troop E. I am picking up others, F,C, thought I heard I. But no E. That's with a 996p2 and outside 700 antenna.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Woohoo! That sort of confirms they've somewhat merged Troop B/L, such as A/I used to be merged on the CSP system and share the same control channels. Although time will tell if this is really true.

Some of this confusion is from the labeling of the sites. in RR database they used to be named towns like Plymouth, Wolcott, etc, and got renamed yesterday to "Troop E" etc.. which still doesn't fit 100% as theres overlap and other troops using them, as well as towns. As a general rule of thumb you want at least 1 or 2 other nearby Troops' sites control channels programmed in in addition to the one you want.

My home SDS200 does it's think, I'll listen to Troop L, B, and A and I got that figured out solid set. My SDS100 I use mobile, essentially I'm making a Favorite that has every site in it, with just the control frequencies, and only have the CSP Troop TG's on. Then I can listen mobile and just temporary avoid the state groups I may get but may not want to hear.

Also the state would *never* publish the system details. And honestly I'd be against it. It would make it too easy for everyone to listen in, and would push the encryption issue. I'm fine with the status quo....

Let me know when you have that list of all the sites. Worth more than gold lol

matt04

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I am that host. I just shut the feed down. Maybe someone else will put a new feed online. I don't have the money for a phase 2 p25 radio. Oh well.

Good luck

CSP is still using phase I talk groups. If your scanner can pick up a P25 Phase I system, you still should be able to listen using the new frequencies. The municipal depts that are on the new system see to be the only agencies using Phase II TGs now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
i', experimenting with an rtl-sdr dongle on my raspberry pi $30. had the pi. if it works decently i will put mine back on with this method. i cant afford a new radio either

Ditto. I have a rasberry-pi but I've been building a Phase 2 p25 system using a rtl-sdr and a ubuntu virtual box in preparation of Norwich PD big radio upgrade. The OP25 Phase 2 software only works on linux. My rtl-sdr was working sweet picking up CSP. But now we must decode the phase 2 using OP25. I'm using this gentlemen's basic instructions.

OP25 For Dummies – Or how to build a police scanner for $30 (Part 1) | John’s Tech Blog

WikiStart - OP25 - Open Source Mobile Communications

Think I almost got it working. Working out the kinks now and I just need to find the right control channels.

Troop E has a new control channel for this new phase 2 setup?

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
CSP is still using phase I talk groups. If your scanner can pick up a P25 Phase I system, you still should be able to listen using the new frequencies. The municipal depts that are on the new system see to be the only agencies using Phase II TGs now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh.. Hmm ok thanks. I thought the whole system was changed. I'll give my Phase 1 scanner some new freq and see what happens. Thanks

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
Oh.. Hmm ok thanks. I thought the whole system was changed. I'll give my Phase 1 scanner some new freq and see what happens. Thanks

CSP and other state agencies will remain Phase I for the time being. Local Agencies (ex. Groton, Stonington, and Norwich) will be Phase II.

The Troop E control channels is listed in the database. 773.93125 is the primary control channel.

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber

CSP does not have plans to encrypt there primary dispatch channels, however each troop will have access to encrypted channels if they need to use them for sensitive conversations. Currently CSP is operating in Phase I on the new system with new local agencies operating in Phase II mode.