CentracomGold

Premium Subscriber
I am looking the ct state police file code I have some file code from RadioReference.
I have some from 01 to24 there is more can some help me

Thank you
Eddie
File 01= Stolen Vehicle
File 02= Stolen Vehicle (or plate) registered in CT but stolen from another state
File 05 = Wanted Person (Active Warrants)
File 06 = Missing Person
File 07 = Stolen Gun/Article
File 16 = Stolen License plate
File 20 = Supervised Person (Parolee, Probation, Bail)

garys

Premium Subscriber
I "roll my own" when it comes to local programming. Which includes CT even though I only go there a couple of times a year. I built my CSP file from scratch using a variety of sources. The only thing I'm going to do is eliminate voice only channels from the sites.

Make sure if you have a Uniden scanner that you have the latest firmware which is for a 325P2, 1.08.01. You will now be able to access the "Threshold Setting"! Mine is set to "Manual" and the setting is "8"! Use the RR wiki page for more information.

BTW, I manually program all my stuff and have been reading all you folks posts about using software. If you're still having problems getting any signals, try manually programing 1 system or site in and take it from there.

leadjammer

Having trouble this evening...good coverage all day and tonight's things are breaking up and garbled at times. Was still picking up Troop G today on the old system. Tonight on the new system.

Cheeseburgers

I'm keeping track of all the traffic and looking at my average RSSI for both work and home and I notice that the reception is about the same... I can't honestly state if there is less traffic overall as the TG hits are in the hundreds for H&L w/ nearly 9 total minutes of transmissions over the course of the last few hours. It is probably me just worrying that there is less traffic.

That said I can only imagine that things will improve going forward its been a little over a week since the switch. I do like the tools available in the SDS and combined w/ Proscan I can get a better idea of what is happening.

WoodburyMan

Overall so far my impressions of the new system is very good. I can actually pick up more traffic and better quality signals (3 sites, down from 1.5 reception at home). Everywhere I've gone so far with my SDS100 I've been in range of one of the site's control channels. As with the old SZII system though, mobile use is annoying. Even narrowing down sites to only scan for CC's, if you want a true "set it and forget it" Favorite List, you'd need to scan 15 frequencies, which adds a lot of lag time and potential missed transmissions in the "loop time". Especially when it's a weaker P25 signal, the SDS100, SDS200, and my Home Patrol II take time to "think" and process the data before moving on to the next frequency.

I would not be surprised with all the trunking systems and statewide systems like CSERN going in, that the next generation of scanners incorporate multiple tuners, say each tuner is dedicated to watching a specific control channel in a trunk system, while other tuners can scan for conventional signals or other systems. Something currently being done with OP25 and DSD+. (I have done this, but need more RTL-SDR's to really get it going...). I got OP25 and DSD+ set up in all of 15 minutes each too, very easy to use and way cheaper than full on scanners...

mkt853

Overall so far my impressions of the new system is very good. I can actually pick up more traffic and better quality signals (3 sites, down from 1.5 reception at home). Everywhere I've gone so far with my SDS100 I've been in range of one of the site's control channels. As with the old SZII system though, mobile use is annoying. Even narrowing down sites to only scan for CC's, if you want a true "set it and forget it" Favorite List, you'd need to scan 15 frequencies, which adds a lot of lag time and potential missed transmissions in the "loop time". Especially when it's a weaker P25 signal, the SDS100, SDS200, and my Home Patrol II take time to "think" and process the data before moving on to the next frequency.

I would not be surprised with all the trunking systems and statewide systems like CSERN going in, that the next generation of scanners incorporate multiple tuners, say each tuner is dedicated to watching a specific control channel in a trunk system, while other tuners can scan for conventional signals or other systems. Something currently being done with OP25 and DSD+. (I have done this, but need more RTL-SDR's to really get it going...). I got OP25 and DSD+ set up in all of 15 minutes each too, very easy to use and way cheaper than full on scanners...
Just program in control channels to cut down on scan time. Also think we need a system setting to have the scanner lock onto the first/strongest control channel it finds, and only rescan if it loses it. The other option is to use the GPS functionality. Also if you're using a Uniden, unless you do a site hold, your scanner automatically loses the control channel for about 0.3 seconds every second to do housekeeping (unless you max out the system hold time).

WoodburyMan

Just program in control channels to cut down on scan time. Also think we need a system setting to have the scanner lock onto the first/strongest control channel it finds, and only rescan if it loses it. The other option is to use the GPS functionality. Also if you're using a Uniden, unless you do a site hold, your scanner automatically loses the control channel for about 0.3 seconds every second to do housekeeping (unless you max out the system hold time).
Yeah that's what I did on my SDS100/200's, just the control channels. It still takes time cycling all 15 sites when traveling. I do do site locks when traveling and lock onto a strong signal, but if there's say two sites in range with different Troops, I gotta manually go through and avoid sites that I dont want, just leaving say those two in. Unavoidable work really to improve scan cycle times. It would be nice if the Uniden SDS100/200 worked like you said, if it scans and finds say 1 out of 10 sites as a good signal, it just stays there and doesn't rescan the others 9 sites all the time, only periodically or something. Some sort of "Prefered Site" logic, saving cycle time and less likely to miss a TX. (I usually have a few conventionals programming in my favorites too, so it will say spin though 10 Conventials fast in 0.1 second, then it holds the P25 CC for like 0.3 seconds, the the other 9 'bad' CC's for anywhere from 0 seconds if they dont hit, to another 0.3 to 0.6 seconds depending if other very weak CC's are in range, then loops back to my conventials.).

I do have a GPS module, however I found it more cumbersome and troublesome. Many of the ranges overlap and it will still be scanning extra CC's. In a larger, flatter, state with wider areas of coverage for sites and such, it would make more sense. But not so much in a tiny state, with tons of hills and a bunch of sites. I mean hell, one County out West is the size of CT... with a lot simpler radio setups with say one site and maybe 2-3 TG's for the entire County Sheriff there.

pro961

Has anyone written the new file for CSERN or CLERN for a TRX-1. I can't figure it out. If you have cant you email it to me so that I may duplicate it. I cant figure out the freqs or project 25 or motorola setting on the scanner. Thanks

cg

Premium Subscriber
I program in one System but each Simulcast Site has a different Quick Key so I can better control what I am listening to. Some Sites come in better but others may have different traffic.

chris

Squad1R1

I’m using BCD996T put in new control channels and the DEC with an Alpha Tag and receive A,B,H,I and L. I have a mobile magnetic mount antenna in the window and reception is great in the hole I’m in here in Middlebury.

Cheeseburgers

I program in one System but each Simulcast Site has a different Quick Key so I can better control what I am listening to. Some Sites come in better but others may have different traffic.

chris

I was thinking about breaking each site down into its own favorite list. Why Uniden has not addressed the whole Department / Systems sharing quick keys is beyond me. Favorites / Systems / Departments should be separate.

leadjammer

Just wondering if any one out there is having trouble picking up Troop H. When the new system went into effect Troop H was coming in loud and clear here in Hamden on both my scanners. Now for the last two days they having vanished. Not even a peep. Is anyone else having issue like me with troop H. have they changed their control channel? I live in Hamden. Never had an issue with troop H before. Thanks.

gofasters4

I'm in New Haven, parked on the Middlesex/Troop F 774.30625 CC. Up until 9:37am on 6/18, I was seeing a fair amount of Troop H traffic. Nothing since then. Hartford/Troop H's Site028 is still advertised as a peer of this site(027).
On this site, I currently see traffic from Troop F, E, I, K, G.

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
I'm in New Haven, parked on the Middlesex/Troop F 774.30625 CC. Up until 9:37am on 6/18, I was seeing a fair amount of Troop H traffic. Nothing since then. Hartford/Troop H's Site028 is still advertised as a peer of this site(027).
On this site, I currently see traffic from Troop F, E, I, K, G.

You will only hear Troop H traffic on the Troop F simulcast site if a user on that site is affiliated to H Disp 1.