CSP 2B change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryptolog

Premium Subscriber
On DTRS TG 2522, hearing 2 Edward 7 making traffic stops in Teller Co and 2 Baker 26 & 27 making traffic stops in El Paso Co. Need to monitor more but I suspect 2B callsigns may be divided in to 2B for El Paso Co and now 2E for Teller Co. Several years ago CSP 2B had different callsigns for each county due to gambling in Cripple Creek.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for catching this, I'll try and listen when these TG's affiliate in my area. Looks like they have a 2-Baker East and West, perhaps they'll split these up?

dw2872

Great catch, Bill.

The 2E callsigns were put into use on the morning of Sept 1st.

The 2B13 callsign used by the trooper that was patrolling Teller County simply changed to 2E13 and the same for the others in Teller. So between the 2B and 2E callsigns they are still using the same numbers on the end that ranks them within the El Paso and Teller County 2B troop.

As far as the 2BE and 2BW talk groups, 2BE is the normal one in use on a day-to-day basis, and 2BW is only used when it is exceptionally busy on the radio or a rare incident is going on. Interestingly, in the rare case when 2BW is also being used with 2BE, then that actually splits them between north and south instead of east and west. El Paso County does the north-south split on their channels as well.

Cryptolog

Premium Subscriber
Even after Labor Day weekend, Teller troopers still using 2E callsign so it appears it's permanent. By voice recognition, yep, the only thing that changed is the letter.

I suggest 2B West talk group is indeed used for special situations but not actually geographically defined. I've heard it used for team ops on I-25 south of the Springs, LIDAR training on US24 near GMF, and most recently for the Hell's Angels visit to Cripple Creek. Also, very occasionally, routine traffic is moved to 2B West so those units involved in a dangerous situation on 2B East can have a dedicated TG and mundane activity can continue uninterrupted as well.

This passes for excitement in Teller County.

dw2872

I agree, Bill. That is exactly the way they use 2BW. On busy holidays they do split it north-south though. But you are right, it can be used for lots of other things too.

Also, MAC-11 is automatically patched in as well, during those dangerous situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.