CSP MONITORING

Status
Not open for further replies.

auntmyke

Hello, I live in New Haven and would like some advice as to a few choices of radios I can purchase that are capable of monitoring CSP from the New Haven area. I realize I will require a Motorola Type II SmartZone radio. I am not new to scanning just new to Apco25.
Thanks Myke.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Some of the scanners you would need are the 396xt portable. Or the 996 xt base unit which i have and work great then there are the 2 other models that came out after them that some people lile and some do not and just recently yuniden released 2 newer models,a portable and base that can monitor p2 like the 2 that came out before them,i have heard the csp may be going to a p2 system so you may want to invest in one of the 2 models that just came out just to be safe

leadjammer

CSP Monitoring

I use the Uniden 396 xt and the Home Patrol 1 and get great CSP reception on both.
The new models of both these scanners that have recently been released now are able to pick up Phase II.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
For scanners, I find my 396xt and 996xt (same radio, one is portable, one is mobile) are the best and easiest for scanning the CSP. I have a 436hp and over the past year I am less than impressed.

If you want to go another route, I also have the CSP in a Motorola Astro Saber and XTS3000, with transmit inhibited. These work well ... but for easy of use, ease or programming, the 396xt/996xt take the top honours.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I have the original 996BCD and it works great on CSP. (Until they decide to upgrade the system again! lol)

Seriously, you can pick one of the up on eBay or any of the scanner / ham for sale forums. Personally i would spend the extra $$$ to get one of the new models which can do Motorola Phase II systems.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
For Phase II take a look at the 996P2.

I have the 436hp, which does Phase II and I can't stand it compared to the 396xt/996xt

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
For Phase II take a look at the 996P2.

I have the 436hp, which does Phase II and I can't stand it compared to the 396xt/996xt

You are correct i think the 996p2 will be better then the 436, that scanner seems like a big headache from all the post about it,i love my 996 and 396 xt but will go to the 996p2 eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.