CSP Quick Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monolith

Hey,

Have recently been using my 396t and i have been hearing a lot of chatter on the 48400 and 48360 id tags, what are these i cannot seem to find the descriptions of them?

i have also downloaded the CSP usd file from the ScanConnecticut yahoo group , has this been updated with the rebanding or do I need to change them as they are posted here? Thanks

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
I posted the original CSP file on the yahoo site and they do not include the rebanded frequencies. The file that is out there contains all the control channels and the talk groups.
It is good if you travel, the only thing is that if you lose the control channel, you need to turn your scanner off and then back on to find the closest control channel.
I will repost my current version which may have a few more talk groups. It does not have the ones that you are looking for above.

Dave

cg

Premium Subscriber
48360 is not a valid TG
48368 is DMV
48400 has not been confirmed but will likely be DMV Secure

chris

gp

I've always had these programmed in my unknown bank, so it was cool to hear activity on 48368 via Zone 8 this morning. I'm going to presumptively label something like:

48368, DMV-1
48400, DMV-2
48432, DMV-S

cg

Premium Subscriber
The DMV has only recently gone onto the CSP system. If you had those programmed into the scanner prior to 2008, you were monitoring nonexistant TGs.
The 48368 TG (DMV) is in both encrypted and non encrypted DMV radios. The 48400 TG is only been seen with encryption capable DMV radios. That is the reasoning behind it being an encrypted DMV channel. In years of using data channel monitoring software, I have never seen 48432 (either used or even affiliated to)

I am curious as to your posting where you list talkgroups and channels IDs on m
minimally used or unseen TGs

chris

scanner1

Lots of DMV radio activity in SE CONN area on the state system. And they are always working on Route 9. The DMV TG's must be statewide

cg

Premium Subscriber
Statewide ... but keep in mind that a Smartzone system will only broadcast a talkgroup if 1) it is allowed on the site, and, 2) a radio is affiliated on that talkgroup in that site.

chris

gp

cg said:
The DMV has only recently gone onto the CSP system. If you had those programmed into the scanner prior to 2008, you were monitoring nonexistant TGs.
The 48368 TG (DMV) is in both encrypted and non encrypted DMV radios. The 48400 TG is only been seen with encryption capable DMV radios. That is the reasoning behind it being an encrypted DMV channel. In years of using data channel monitoring software, I have never seen 48432 (either used or even affiliated to)

I am curious as to your posting where you list talkgroups and channels IDs on m
minimally used or unseen TGs

chris

Perhaps I should include a disclaimer that I don't intend to compromise the integrity of the list. Sometimes if not for mis-information, there'd be no information online at all. LOL

I've always programmed and monitored non-existent, yet logical, TGs in each zone bank. I currently include a single bank of about fifty, as extraneous talkgroups shouldn't bog down scanning like extraneous frequencies would.

When a pattern develops, I try to follow it. I don't utilize data channel software, but I might be interested in trying it down here, when I have a moment. As far as naming channels, that's just a logical means to developing an association for my own cranium. PDA-cellphones and scanners with alpha are slowly robbing us of our natural ability to memorize numbers;-)

gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.