CSP Rebanding with 796d

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTcop012

Just got my Uniden 796d back from Uniden 2 months ago with the new firmware. Always had no problem tracking CSP, specifically Troop-G, until the rebanding went into effect a couple days ago. Programmed new CC of 853.75 (15 down from old CC of 868.75), but as another post said might happen, I am getting a lot of calls, but missing some... Radio picks up those missed calls, but freq's on screen are blinking back and forth and no voice.. I assume I need to input these "special tables" that have been talked about in the old rebanding thread, but a new thread about this seems like a better idea than reading 19 pages. As for the new tables, where might they be as I just want to input them directly as I have no PC connection and am wondering if I need to leave my unit on "TYPE 2/P25 800" or change to something custom or whatever... Any help would be appreciated... Thanks..

Keith_W7KEW

Hi, You must go into the radio or use a software program to create the Custom Band Plan Tables for rebanded type II Motorola Systems.

theshadowman

Feed Provider
Hi, You must go into the radio or use a software program to create the Custom Band Plan Tables for rebanded type II Motorola Systems.

And make sure you have the latest firmware in your 796D. Without the latest F/W you will not be able to program the new tables. In the scanner menu, where you would normally select "TYPE 2/P25 800", scroll down and choose TYPE 2 CUSTOM. Again, this will only appear if you have the latest F/W. After selecting this new Trunking mode, the scanner will prompt you to enter the new tables. Or, you can do all of this in software assuming you have a piece of software that supports rebanding. As far as I know, Butel's ARC250 still does not support rebanding.

CTcop012

Got the new firmware so I'm good there.. Just don't know what to input in the Custom 2 for data.. Is that info available for the new CSP system?? Advise if you know, thanks.

CTcop012

I see it, but need to know what to input for the CSP system... A little confused...?

CTcop012

Back up and running. Will have to go thru trial and error tomorrow when I go to work and test a strong signal, but so far it seems to have done the trick.. Much appreciated..

CTcop012

Am I to assume that the Greenwich system should be reprogrammed the same due to rebanding? Thx

gilkell13

Csp rebanding

Okay, looks like rebanding is complete as just downloaded new frequencies to my 2096's and 96 via WIN 96 from the radioreference data base. Thanks, Gil

k1zxx

Premium Subscriber
Am I to assume that the Greenwich system should be reprogrammed the same due to rebanding? Thx
I did it and we still get the screen jumping with no locking only some audio, we followed this to a T and no joy!

Status
Not open for further replies.