• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Cup holder to secure your scanner in your car

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitbr

Got tired of my scanner loose in the car and was looking for a way to secure it with no holes in car.....

Bought the Bracketron UCH-101-BL Universal Cup-iT II Mount with Grip-iT for GPS to mount my hp1 in my car...holds scanner in soft adjustable grips rotates 360 degrees, no holes in car holds scanner securely in cup holder . Cost very little, can be had for as little as 10 to 13 bucks on amazon or picked up in your local Office Depot for around 30 bucks.Links below for reviews and info.
Amazon.com: Bracketron UCH-101-BL Universal Cup-iT II Mount with Grip-iT for GPS: Electronics
Office Supplies, Furniture, Technology at Office Depot
Works real well with hp1 and prob any other scanner that fits its grip.
Tim

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
I had one of them in my Sport Trac, but wasn't able to get it to work well since I had an insert to hold the cup and the Bracketron would wobble and if I pulled out the insert, the holder was too big and I ended up having to wedge paper into it to make it hold.

I'm glad it worked for you!

tcg

Here's an option for a better fit. Still no drilling or permanent mount.

GPS cup holder mount

Or if you have access to a hole saw the same diameter of your cup holder you can drill a few wood discs and stack and glue or screw then together to fill your cup holder.

Both are very solid ways to mount something in a cup holder. And removable.

I mounted a very large chart plotter in a boat cup holder using the second method.

Status
Not open for further replies.