CUPD Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradygrim

I am no longer receiving the Clemson University PD dispatch. I know it used to 460.925 but very little radio traffic comes across that anymore. I was wondering if they switched to a different channel. I have tried everything in the database with no luck.

If anyone has information on this that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

shajoe44

They maybe switching over to 800. I do know the CUFD has a talkgroup of 47666 and I have monitored them on that occasionally in the past when I am up there. if you can put a wildcard in your scanner and see if you can come up with any new talkgroups.

bradygrim

Thanks for the reply. I have no problem receiving CUFD on 800 just don’t know what the CUPD is using for dispatch.

p1879

the University is very integrated with the City of Clemson on security issues; looks like CUPD would have to retain their UHF capability for interop, at least. There is a strong desire for a new or better-working radio system on the City side. Some time back someone on RR indicated that Clemson and Central might go DMR. However, Pickens County (on UHF) interop with CU and Clemson/Central would seem essential. Perhaps someone here has some news?

Monitor Event Notice: Hell's Angels have their Summer Rally this year in Clemson. Expect overwhelming Police presence. I doubt it can hold a candle to the multiple thousands of intoxicated fans on a football weekend, though.

shajoe44

There is DMR activity I hear when I am up there for events. Mainly what I hear are people working the games and cleaning personal etc. I haven't ever picked up law enforcement, not saying it's not there now.

KF4JYE

Premium Subscriber
I was traveling through CU this past Thursday, and didn't hear anything on 460.925, or any of the other CUPD or security channels. However, I did notice a CUPD cruiser with a regular short UHF whip antenna. I did not see anything which looked like an 800 antenna.

My scanner is currently programmed with the CUPD and security channels set for analog only with the published PL tones. The next time I'm in that area, I'll turn off the PL's and set the channels to receive digital as well as analog. If the CUPD is still using these frequencies, but with different PL tones, or using DMR or NXDN, I hope to discover what they're using. You may wish to try the same.

p1879

The Univ can be pretty quiet when students are gone. Semester ends and then a bit of time for graduation and then later summer school , Maymester, etc.

Three ( I think) Lakota Helos were heading into Oconee Airport a couple of days ago for fuel , mentioned on 38.650 A/A to form up nice to fly over the stadium on the way in. From above about 2000 ft in the hills a DMR network is sometimes audible from some places on 453.925, but it is not Clemson. Could it be McCormick County?

bradygrim

The Univ can be pretty quiet when students are gone. Semester ends and then a bit of time for graduation and then later summer school , Maymester, etc.

Three ( I think) Lakota Helos were heading into Oconee Airport a couple of days ago for fuel , mentioned on 38.650 A/A to form up nice to fly over the stadium on the way in. From above about 2000 ft in the hills a DMR network is sometimes audible from some places on 453.925, but it is not Clemson. Could it be McCormick County?
453.925 is the primary dispatch frequency for Clemson City Police.

p1879

I am perfectly aware that is the CPD Dispatch freq., but from some locations a DMR net can be heard on same freq--if up high enough. Just like the Central PD freq., Translyvania County School buses have a strong repeater on the same frequency, different tone.Their repeater has a very wide coverage area, perhaps it is on Mt Pisgah.

Status
Not open for further replies.