Curious about a tone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRevesz

Premium Subscriber
Was messing around and decided to have a scan under the progammed frequencies in my scanner for "special"...

anyhow, I came across 467.7500 and 467.7750 (this is in Burlington, VT)

all it was, the first channel (75)was some 3 tone repeat... it's to the rythem of a fire alarm pretty much... The second just some tone... I recorded them, just wondering what exactly it is?

http://snipr.com/20zss

thanks for your help

Last edited:

pogbobo

well I was curious ...

the first one is licensed to Comcast, but I don't know what they are using it for ...

the second is for SPRINGFIELD HOSPITAL and def sounds like paging ...

edit: btw nice cuckoo clock :) haha

fineshot1

pogbobo said:
well I was curious ...

the first one is licensed to Comcast, but I don't know what they are using it for ...

the second is for SPRINGFIELD HOSPITAL and def sounds like paging ...

edit: btw nice cuckoo clock :) haha

I guess you missed it but the first one is (see below)
467.7500 WPOC467 RADIO NORTH GROUP INC
4050 WILLISTON RD STE 114, SOUTH BURLINGTON, VT
APPLICANT IS COMMUNICATIONS DEALER AND PROPOSES TO SELL OR LEASE IN-HOUSE PAGING SYSTEMS TO CLIENTS THROUGHOUT THE U.S.

and the second one is listed as you said but Springfield Hospital(not near Burlington)
may have a branch in or near Burlington or perhaps its licensed from another licensee
from another area. Could be many reasons why it does not show up in Burlington.

EDIT: Not sure what you mean buy "nice cuckoo clock".

pogbobo

fineshot1 said:
I guess you missed it but the first one is (see below)
467.7500 WPOC467 RADIO NORTH GROUP INC
4050 WILLISTON RD STE 114, SOUTH BURLINGTON, VT
APPLICANT IS COMMUNICATIONS DEALER AND PROPOSES TO SELL OR LEASE IN-HOUSE PAGING SYSTEMS TO CLIENTS THROUGHOUT THE U.S.

for the first one I found WNYP970, in South Burlington, Comcast of VT
:confused:

EDIT: Not sure what you mean buy "nice cuckoo clock".

towards the end of the first sound clip , at 19 seconds .... it sounds like a clock going off in the background ...

MrRevesz

Premium Subscriber
Ah alright guys, thanks a lot! haha, yeah I tried to have no other sound in the recording, but without fail something sounds. So the general answer is it's a paging system for Springfield Hospital and what not?

Which makes me ask, is that sort of a "stand-by" tone until someone sends a page through, or what?

once again, thanks for your help!

D

DaveNF2G

"In house" paging could also include those little light boxes that they hand out in restaurants so you can be paged when your table or meal is ready.

fineshot1

pogbobo said:
for the first one I found WNYP970, in South Burlington, Comcast of VT
:confused:

If you had clicked on the appropriate tabs you would have seen the info about it being used for mobile only, no base or paging stations - see below:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseFreqSum.jsp?licKey=1693547

Operating within a 121.0 km radius around 44-21-57.2 N , 073-13-48.5 W, VT CHITTENDEN County .

pogbobo said:
towards the end of the first sound clip , at 19 seconds .... it sounds like a clock going off in the background ...

Ahhh, I had not noticed because I was intent on listening to the tones.

Last edited:

pogbobo

fineshot1 said:

Operating within a 121.0 km radius around 44-21-57.2 N , 073-13-48.5 W, VT CHITTENDEN County .

It looks like Winooski is within 121km of those coordinates ... could what he have heard been from that call sign?

fineshot1

pogbobo said:
It looks like Winooski is within 121km of those coordinates ... could what he have heard been from that call sign?

Its not likely. Its like I said below

fineshot1 said:
and the second one is listed as you said but Springfield Hospital(not near Burlington)may have a branch in or near Burlington or perhaps its licensed from another licenseefrom another area. Could be many reasons why it does not show up in Burlington.

Status
Not open for further replies.