current TxDOT for DFW area ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I haven't heard any 47 MHz use in the Dallas District in years, which includes Denton County, My understanding is they moved to one of the DMRs (MHz Tech). TxDOT has also has at least one TG on the Fort Worth system. I'd sure be interested in nailing down their current usage in DFW, as well.

I do see an entry for Denton under the Dallas District. Be nice to have a Color Code so we could list it properly.
151.21250 RM Denton Denton (Slot 1, Group 10; Slot 2 Group 18) DMR Public Works

Last edited:

nd5y

Last edited:

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
I don't have the capability to pick up DMR yet but I do hear a lot of chatter on the state-wide TXDOT channels in McKinney. A few years ago they were on SW low-band but have apparently transitioned over to Hi band now.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I don't have the capability to pick up DMR yet but I do hear a lot of chatter on the state-wide TXDOT channels in McKinney. A few years ago they were on SW low-band but have apparently transitioned over to Hi band now.
I've tried programming the local (Dallas & surrounding southern counties) TXDOT frequencies in my 536HP. I have not received any hits in either DMR or any other mode.

I may try it near one of the construction zones, where I know there are TXDOT units in the area.

Harold

Premium Subscriber
Can confirm the NTE managed roadways in Tarrant Co. are on the Megahertz Technology system. Heard them talking about putting product down and putting out the Bridges May Ice signs.

billpritjr

Hello guys. Happy New Year. Refreshing my 2017 post. Did we ever find TxDOT freqs that were confirmed as active. Thank you

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello guys. Happy New Year. Refreshing my 2017 post. Did we ever find TxDOT freqs that were confirmed as active. Thank you
According to this post over on the DFWScan Yahoo group, 151.025, PL 100.00, Statewide talkaround ch. 1 was carrying traffic for road crews that were applying the brine mixture for the foretasted winter weather that was predicted for the New Years day time frame.

I have it programmed in one of my scanners, but have not heard any traffic from my location.

Linn

I heard traffic on 151.025 around 35W and the Johnson/Tarrant County line the last storm.

Stephen

They are on the VHF DMR repeaters. Talkgroups 18 in Denton county has been very active. Color Code 1, Time Slot 2 if I remember correctly.

nikkotine

Premium Subscriber
I work for North Tarrant Express and we manage all of the lanes from North Tarrant Parkway to Spur 280 on 35W and from Mark IV to Industrial on 820/183 (also to about Harwood on 121). We deal with all the maintenance and incidents that occur on both the managed lanes, general purpose, and service roads.. We are on the Megahertz system (same as CareFlite)..

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. If you don't mind sharing, how many channels and what are they called/how are they used? I've monitored a little bit, but wasn't sure how if the different channels were used for different geographic areas or roads or by the type of work you all are doing.

In any case, be safe out there. I know it's dangerous work being out there.

I work for North Tarrant Express and we manage all of the lanes from North Tarrant Parkway to Spur 280 on 35W and from Mark IV to Industrial on 820/183 (also to about Harwood on 121). We deal with all the maintenance and incidents that occur on both the managed lanes, general purpose, and service roads.. We are on the Megahertz system (same as CareFlite)..

nikkotine

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. If you don't mind sharing, how many channels and what are they called/how are they used? I've monitored a little bit, but wasn't sure how if the different channels were used for different geographic areas or roads or by the type of work you all are doing.

In any case, be safe out there. I know it's dangerous work being out there.

There are 4 channels, 1 for LBJ and NTE Maintenance and 1 for LBJ and NTE Dispatch. All the incidents, are called out on dispatch. Couldn't tell you which frequency is which.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Thanks that's kind of what I was guessing.

There are 4 channels, 1 for LBJ and NTE Maintenance and 1 for LBJ and NTE Dispatch. All the incidents, are called out on dispatch. Couldn't tell you which frequency is which.

Status
Not open for further replies.