Currituck County

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
On the RR DB page for Currituck County, it says:

"Currituck County's 800MHz system is a Motorola ASTRO 25 Scalable K Core Conventional System.

5 Simulcast sites are High Cotton, Knott's Island, Barco, Fox Knoll, and Corolla

All Sheriff Channels are encrypted, and Fire/EMS are open."

Is this still correct? I don't see an 800MHz system listed for them only the state VIPER system which has listings for the county. Or is this just referring to the frequencies listed? Do they use both the their own and the VIPER?

trumpetman

Database Admin
Look in the actual county listing, it is a conventional system not a trunking system. All but 3 frequencies listed for the county are either 700 or 800.

n4yek

Anyone know if the sheriff's office freqs are still encrypted?
They were when I was there last year. Unless there is a fire, there isn't much to monitor unless you want to monitor marine channels which is interesting from time to time.
I stayed on Corolla beach (4x4 required) just about a 1/2 mile from the Virginia state line, it was difficult to receive much of anything that far from civilization. :)

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. We rented a house for July. I noticed there was very little there to monitor. I guess I'll listen to FD/EMS and marine traffic.

Can you monitor the VIPER system from there?

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
I can't remember if the last time I was in Corolla if you could reach the Dare County System but you might be able to. It is sort of active but all Law Enforcement is encrypted too.

Currituck Sheriffs were still encrypted in September.

Viper down that way is usually not that active unless you hit some of the sites towards Manteo/Roanoke Island way. Kitty Hawk and Barco were pretty quiet the couple times I monitored it.

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
Viper down that way is usually not that active unless you hit some of the sites towards Manteo/Roanoke Island way. Kitty Hawk and Barco were pretty quiet the couple times I monitored it.

VIPER is pretty quiet there too. Just SHP and sometimes other state agencies every now and then.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
All Currituck SO is encrypted. I was there earlier and yes fire/rescue is slow. My dad works for Currituck EMS. I could monitor Dare from Corolla but barely.

kcamper1969

Hello all, just an update for all interested parties..just as of yesterday, we were in obx for 3 days..i took a variety of scanners and 2 800mhz handhelds..the nac codes are 1f0, 1f1, 1f2, and 381. My xts5000 didnt miss a beat on all the police traffic...hope this helps whoever is going to the outer banks

Status
Not open for further replies.