Custom search BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

hey

I recently change the name of some my custom search list and now I cannot get the DMR decoding to do what it used to. before it told me the site number talk group radio ID. does anybody know how to get that back on

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
I recently change the name of some my custom search list and now I cannot get the DMR decoding to do what it used to. before it told me the site number talk group radio ID. does anybody know how to get that back on

If you changed the name, it loses the ability to display talk groups, etc. You can add the frequency back into the field and it should start showing talk groups again. BUT, you need to add it in a very specific way:

In the field, enter a Space character, then the frequency, like 123.4567. Right of the decimal point must be 4 numbers, if your frequency is like 123.45, then add zeroes to make it 4, like 123.4500. After the number, you must add MHz with NO space between the frequency and MHZ, and M & H must be capitalized, and the z must be lower case. So your entry would look like this:

123.4567MHz

Don't put anything else in, this is the default format and is the only way Network ID, TG ID, and Radio ID will show up. Hope this helps.

bearcat

Thank's kh6sz but it didn't work
The search range can only use the default name Custom1, Custom2 and so on. If you wish to see the DMR data stream decoding. Your picture shows VHF High Band which will not work. Change it back to the default name.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
31a8b2c609d37f99406a3d02617b7f98.jpg

We're discussing the same way to get these variables, correct? I had programmed a frequency a few days ago by hand and was decoding and got all this information on the regular scan screen, not the freq search (found this photo from another thread)... how do i get these again? Instead of just seeing the color code?

bearcat

31a8b2c609d37f99406a3d02617b7f98.jpg

We're discussing the same way to get these variables, correct? I had programmed a frequency a few days ago by hand and was decoding and got all this information on the regular scan screen, not the freq search (found this photo from another thread)... how do i get these again? Instead of just seeing the color code?
Did you rename your Custom Search ranges? If so change them back to the default name of Custom 1 , Custom 2 and so on. Just go to Search for, Edit Custom, Select Custom, Edit Name. Press the period (.) twice that will blank the name. Press E and it will prompt you to save the Default name. Press E.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Did you rename your Custom Search ranges? If so change them back to the default name of Custom 1 , Custom 2 and so on. Just go to Search for, Edit Custom, Select Custom, Edit Name. Press the period (.) twice that will blank the name. Press E and it will prompt you to save the Default name. Press E.

Yup I had renamed them. What's my easiest way to reset them to the default names on sentinel?

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Read my last post. I spelled out how to get them to default names again

Correct but that is the way to do it by hand on the scanner. I'm on the sentinel program and I'm not seeing a way to rename it back to default via Edit Profile->custom search. If I delete it on there, an error screen comes up and says "enter name" as that box cannot be left blank. I'm just doing it on the computer program so I don't have to change it every time I write the info to the scanner.

EDIT: i changed the data in the scanner instead and read the scanner into sentinel and overwrote it. Working as planned. Appears no way to change data in sentinel directly.

Last edited:

bearcat

Correct but that is the way to do it by hand on the scanner. I'm on the sentinel program and I'm not seeing a way to rename it back to default via Edit Profile->custom search. If I delete it on there, an error screen comes up and says "enter name" as that box cannot be left blank. I'm just doing it on the computer program so I don't have to change it every time I write the info to the scanner.

EDIT: i changed the data in the scanner instead and read the scanner into sentinel and overwrote it. Working as planned. Appears no way to change data in sentinel directly.
I am not sure. Try typing in Custom 0, Custom 1 and so on. If that does not work you may need to set them by manually on the scanner. Then read the scanner to Sentinel to get them to default. One of those two ways should work.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure. Try typing in Custom 0, Custom 1 and so on. If that does not work you may need to set them by manually on the scanner. Then read the scanner to Sentinel to get them to default. One of those two ways should work.

6dc3f3f3c875605544daf1356335efd1.jpg
776252bf289fb36790a032989014c14e.jpg

It worked. Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.