• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Cuyahoga County Page. System ID 348

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know what this means? I saw that the page was updated and when I hovered my cursor over the update date; the Comment(?) Box displayed a System ID of 348. System IDs are usually used for Trunked Radio Systems, right? Which one is System ID 348 for?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
ID 348 is the Cuyahoga Co MARCS Project. This is the P25 system being built out. You can't "see" that system currently because an admin has it in "staged" mode, whereby the admins can see it but the users can't. This is because the admin who is managing it does not feel that the information is ready to be displayed publically yet. I'm sure the admin is following the Cuyahoga project thread and updating as needed and will likely make it visible once it makes sense to do so.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.