D-Star on BCD536

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiocc

I have purchased the Digital Voice upgrade for my BCD536 but I am unable to hear anything on the D-Star Ham Radio Frequencies. Any Ideas?

wbswetnam

The latest DSD+ 'Fast Lane' version can decode D-Star voice, with either an SDR dongle or a discriminator-tapped scanner to feed it data, but there is no scanner that can decode it. Also the AOR AR-DV1 can decode D-Star voice; I hope you can afford the $1200 price tag, though.

The 536 has two upgrades available:

1) Provoice is used by a few public agencies as it was an alternative to p25. It's out there, but It depends on where you live if this is interesting to you. There is no Provoice within 100 miles of where I live.

2) DMR is Motorola's digital format. It's used by a lot of public agencies and a bunch of the older DMR gear is being used to build ham radio repeaters.

The 436 and 563 do not know how to decode dstar, but it might be possible for Uniden to release an update that adds this since the voice format is very similar to DMR. I really hope they do release this as their next update :)

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
The 536 has two upgrades available:

2) DMR is Motorola's digital format. It's used by a lot of public agencies and a bunch of the older DMR gear is being used to build ham radio repeaters.

Just to be clear DMR is not Motorola's Format, they just took DMR and added some proprietary features to make MotoTrbo

Status
Not open for further replies.