D-star regional ga/sc healthcare net

Status
Not open for further replies.

KQ4KK

D-STAR REGIONAL HEALTHCARE NET Every Thursday at 8:30 AM

Check in to the D-STAR Regional Health Care Net at 8:30 AM on Thursdays. This net meets on Reflector 030B and is sponsored by the Coastal Georgia Health District. The net currently has at least 15 check-ins to the net.
AIKEN KR4AIK C is the one to use for the CSRA, or your DV-Dongle, or DVAP
The following repeaters can be used to get into the net:

SC D-Star Repeaters
Location Repeater Callsign Status Gateway
Aiken 443.4125 +5.0Mhz KR4AIK B Online UP
Aiken 145.160 -0.6Mhz KR4AIK C Online UP
Beaufort 145.480 -0.6Mhz KJ4LNJ C Online UP
Caesars Head – NO 145.420 -0.6Mhz KR4GSP C Online Coming Soon
Charleston-Awendaw 145.120 -0.6Mhz WR4SC C Online UP
Charleston – NO 444.1125 +5.0Mhz W4HRS B Coming Soon Coming Soon
Charleston – NO 145.160 -0.6Mhz W4HRS C Coming Soon Coming Soon
Columbia 443.200 +5.0Mhz KJ4BWK B Online UP
Columbia 145.400 -0.6Mhz KJ4BWK C Online UP
Columbia 442.775 +5.0Mhz KJ4FCS B Online UP
Dillon 443.8875 +5.0Mhz KJ4MKV B Online UP
Dillon – NO 145.340 -0.6Mhz KJ4MKV C Coming Soon Coming Soon
Little Mountain 443.325 +5.0Mhz K5ZOE B Online UP
Little Mountain – NO 145.240 -0.6Mhz K5ZOE C Online Coming Soon
Myrtle Beach 442.7875 +5.0Mhz NE4SC B Online UP
Myrtle Beach 144.980 +2.5Mhz NE4SC C Online UP
Summerville 442.8375 +5.0Mhz KX4DOR B Online UP
Summerville 145.280 -0.6Mhz KX4DOR C Online UP

The Awendaw, Dillon, Columbia and Little Mountain repeaters will automatically link to the reflector. The other repeaters will require a local operator to bring up the link and take it down at the end of the net. If you have not registered to operate on a D-Star Gateway, you will need to register with your local D-Star repeater. Go to this website for information D-StarUsers.org Your Source for D-Star Digital Amateur Radio Information! . Don’t forget – no D-Star radio – use your DV-Dongle. Questions or problems kc4yi@arrl.net

KQ4KK

Why D-Star? "It's only ICOM"

DSTAR is not just ICOM.

Granted, all the repeaters currently in SC are made by ICOM. There is however, a growing group of NON-ICOM made DSTAR repeaters being put on the air.

ICOM makes a group of mobile and HT radios. If you don't want to use these, you can get a DV-Dongle and get on the air with it. The DV-Dongle uses the same CODEX chip as the ICOM radios(as does the non-ICOM repeaters and home made "hot spots").

SCHEARTS has a great analog FM linked system. It gets exercised as the SCHEARTS net on Thursdays, alternating between 9AM and 9PM. The linked system is also used for the ARES net on Sunday nite at 8PM and also a Skywarn net during the week.

Exercising DSTAR as a alternate means of communications is just plain smart. Why not, it is there, it is not the same path. And, when needed it can send slow speed data and information on the same system at the same time with the voice data. DSTAR doesn't care if the data is "voice", a hospital patient record, or a 78k disaster photo. A program that integrates all this is DRATS.

Most, but not all, the DSTAR repeaters in SC, GA, and AL have been purchased and installed with grant monies. That means in most cases, the HAM only needs to fund "his end". DSTAR HTs and Mobiles are a little more expensive than the equal FM radio, that doesn't have a TNC or CODEX chip installed.

DSTAR will never replace analog FM in HAM radio. Just like P25 had not replaced analog FM in Public Service. Nor has SSB replaced AM in HF communications...... well... mostly..... maybe.

kb9gig

Dstar is not only for icom users

Icom is not only for icom users
sure i have an icom rig in my car capable of dstar operation but on my base i use my yaesu ft847 for dstar
you can use any transceiver or communication receiver with a 9600 baud packet jack.
it also gives me dstar capability on hf as well as 10 meters and 6 meters as well as 100 watts output if need be.
i have also talked to people that use it on thier kenwood 2000.
john KB9GIG

Status
Not open for further replies.